How did you end up here?

I was researching which instrument to buy, what strings to use and so forth. UU kept coming up as a source of information, advice and potential later upgrades.

I've been a lurker for years (seriously, not in a creepy way). Now that I've been playing uke for a while and trying to build my own, I thought it was time to take the plunge and join.

Got here via good old Google. I don't have any meetups where I live and virtual is the best bet.

I figured as I only have 4 fingers I didn't need 6 strings, so I chose the uke over the guitar. I'm sorry to say that even though I know only a few chords, I have already succumbed to UAS. I'll post more when I get the chance. And to all of those already here, thanks in advance for the vast library of past posts - they have been a wonderful source of information!

I did a bing search for documentaries about early ukulele performers and it lead me to the list of ukulele documentaries thread.

I’m gonna check some of them out this evening.

Welcome to UU, GrandpaLee!
Keep sane during your quarantine

Helo i am a 65 old french man, playing some Instruments sometimes, i confined too far, i tried to buy a beginer uku but every shops are closed, ...

Helo i am a 65 old french man, playing some Instruments sometimes, i confined too far, i tried to buy a beginer uku but every shops are closed, ...

Bienvenue Papilonaa! Peut-etre qu'il y a encore des vendeurs sur Amazon France. Normalement Enya a des ukulélés disponible dans le magasin sur Amazon. J'ai vu le Enya EUC X1 hier soir, livraison gratuite en France métropolitaine et cela pour le prix d'environ €80,00. L'instrument est construit de HPL, donc c'est plus solide qu'un instrument en bois.

Hi! I just searched Ukulele forum and this was the first site to come up. Happy to be here! :)

I have long wanted to learn how to play a string instrument, I read that the easiest way to learn how to play the ukulele, now I bought the ukulele and I study the melodies https://grilliam.com/

Last edited:
I'm glad I discovered and joined this forum! My wife who does not play any instrument started playing the tenor ukulele I got for her recently. I came across this wonderful forum while searching the web for info on learning materials to try to help teaching her (I am also learning ukulele as another new instrument- in addition to piano, saxophone, and some guitar). Now, I am hooked and plan to get a guilele for myself!

A lucky google search ;)

Top Bottom