How did you end up here?

Hm. this was back in january.. I watched one of Aldrine's videos on youtube and he was talking about ukulele underground. I'm pretty sure it's that one video where he's talking then later plays the flashman theme. :D

I saw Aldrine and Danyo a WHILE ago when one of my friends showed me their video of 'is there a place'. I was like whoa! I remember thinking this guy can sing! and this guitar dude is really gooood hahaha. I loved it because it looked like people from Guam :p

I think it's a little surreal that I see a really great ukulele video and then I come here and talk to the person that made it.

Right on Jimmy! that right there does it for me. It's amazing to see so many uke players all in one forum who are happy to share their knowledge and experience. I've learned SO much since I joined UU and it's made me love playing music even more than before! OH and DOMINATOR is here. that prettty much seals the deal hahaha

Last edited:
A friend told me about it, the friend that also introduced me to the ukulele while i was in costa rica. I don't think he ever went on the forums but he learned some songs from the site. Either way, I'm really grateful I found this site. It has only enticed me more into the world of ukulele.

I joined because Jake said I could make a positive impact on this forum by sharing my endless uke knowledge.

Yeh...right. I don't even recall. I think I googled ukulele lessons....ended up at that Hawaiian site where Aldrine offered short lessons....then linked to the index page of the soon-to-be UU site... Had to patiently wait (checked almost daily) for the site to go active..

Super stoked I found UU and the cool people that make this a great forum!!

I heard about it somewhere and did a "fly-by" but at the time was trying to cut down on my online time, not add to it.

Then Woodshed plugged it during the drive where you got more chances to win the swag for each person you got to sign up and thought, what the heck, I can do that for Woodshed.

So here I am. At least every once in a while.

Last edited:
WeEEEll.

I saw a video on youtube that had Aldrine in it. So I knew it would be a good un. ;). I had already been playing the ukulele for about 2 years. Anywho, the video was about a FREE UKULELE.

So i clicked the vid and found out about www.ukuleleunderground.com

I was like WOER! "An entire website dedicated to ukuleles." wow.

after i changed my pants i went onto your site and got on.

ever since i have been learning more and more about ukuleles and loving them MORE AND MORE each day.

:)

I honestly don't remember how I got here...I think it was through Google...but who knows?!? :confused:

The Kala soprano giveaway led me here. I saw the video on Aldrine's Youtube channel promoting the giveaway, and decided to sign up and try my luck. I had actually visited the forums before that, but hadn't actually registered until that video. I believe the first time was probably due to Google.

And it was only a month after I joined that I actually realized that there was a site beyond the forums with all of the same great lessons that I had enjoyed on iamhawaii. Then I realized that I had indeed stumbled upon gold.

i came here when the site was still young. like kyle, i've always been looking at IAH, expecting a new lesson but nothing..... then one day on the myspace bulletin comes up aldrine with ukulele underground.... although i don't have a whole buncha posts, i can say that i was here when UU was still young.

My uke buddy Pete said chech out all the great tips and videos at UU! He was right! This is a great site!

Google'd "ukulele forums" (I think you guys are ranked in the top 10) :)

Aldrine. I always followed his videos on YT and he was talking about giving away an uke so I decided to check out the site to see if it was legit. I couldn't post for a while since my activation didn't go through, but now its better than ever.

Seen the video where Aldrine played his all time favourite "elephant town" I didn't visit the site right away, watched it a few more times then thought i would check it out. At least im sure it was the elephant town vid :S

And im not planning on leaving any timre soon either :D - yes, you have to put up with me ;)

some people leave as quick as they come

Top Bottom