How did you end up here?

I came across Aldrine's video on youtube while searching for uke tutorials. I wonder if he's of Filipino descent.

I came across Aldrine's video on youtube while searching for uke tutorials. I wonder if he's of Filipino descent.

ETA: To answer my own question, indeed I've learned that he's a fellow Filipino. :D

Ukulelehunt first pointed me here...
...and UU keeps coming up on search engines!

Well, I'm getting my first ukulele in two months and decided to prepare for it in advance. I'm a nineteen year old girl from northern Finland and have played the piano since the age of three. I have never played anything but piano and the djembe, but my father and brother both play the guitar. I'm getting my first uke as a graduation gift from my sister and brother in about two months.

Trolling for info on charangos and odd ukes. The idea entered my thick skull that a FORUM might be the right place to discuss these. Thus, here I be.

Isn't Google the path to just about everything? I can't even remember what I searched for.

Hey team
I got on your website following a link from you tube. Have been playing uke a couple of years. My defence against dementia!! Just love it to bits. Have a group of us who play and sing (horribly) but have a blast with 60's ad 70's stuff. But I am also trying to push the boundaries a bit with this wonderful little instrument, so tackle stuff like Gypsy Ukelele and Classical gas etc. Always on lookout for good tabs. Thanks for the page and opportunity to share.

I was looking for info on Ukuleles and kept coming across this forum, while looking into ukuleles,
with found some good information. Looked good to me, so I joined. I am new to ukes (an Oscar
Schmidt tenor) and wanted to gained some insight into beverything Ukes. So, here I am...

Last edited:
A damaged Ukulele and my earnest desire to fix it and not let it go.

Hey Everyone: I actually first joined Ukulele Underground way back in June of 2012 and was on here just a little bit during the year and then got totally CONSUMED by several other projects and couldn't get back. One can only handle so many projects. Anyway, I'm hoping to get 'active' or 'more active' this fall and help some of the newbies out. I've just been hired by two different companies, one a Music School, about a half hour from where I live, to join their teaching staff, so hoping to take on some ukulele students there. I'll be visiting the newbie thread, as I have time, to see where and how I can help. I actually started an ebook back in 2012, but ended up putting it on the back burner, as I just wasn't happy with it. It needs video tutorials, which I haven't learned to do yet & much better graphics & proper Editing. My boys have been encouraging me to complete it, so I may consider that, if I can find time. Anyway, happy to be back & hoping I can be helpful to new ukulele players. :)

Looking at a Uke thread in Acoustic Guitar Forum, someone suggested this to someone and I followed the link.

A lifelong desire to play the Uke + finally being motivated + a great father's day gift (OU6W from Oscar Schmidt)+ google = Ukulele Underground

Then...

Ukulele Underground + Time = Success / Fun

Thanks! Been lurking and it was time to stop hiding the shadows.

I wanted to learn to play the ukulele, so I typed "ukulele message board" into google, and this was what I found.

For me it was around the whole thing of grieving over my fathers passing last year. I was feeling sorry for myself and saw the guitar gentle weeps by Jake, then on the spot and totally out of character ordered a Uke, and thought I better find a forum to help me learn, so google it, and found the tutorials on YT. I always think it was Dad guiding me to something to help. The Mandolin came in a similar manner.

I heard a friend of mine play his uke and he has infected me. Now I want to learn the uke. The really messed up thing is I have to wait until Christmas to get one. Can we say UAS?

Top Bottom