How did you end up here?

Seeso posted somewhere on utube tht he joined the forum so i figured if he joined that UU would be beneficial to join!

thx Seeso

kanaka916 kept telling me of this site. i'm glad he did.:D

Followed over from iamhawaii, mixed with watching one of Aldrine's videos talking about the site. Kept the place bookmarked until the forums opened. Holler McDollar.

I stumbled on Aldrine's lessons back when he was doing them on ImHawiis web site. we tried to rally to keep him on there but it didn't work out. I think that led to the guys building this site. This is a much better site for uke players :music:

I left the iamhawaii forums to come here many moons ago. LOL

Man...trying to remember how I got here.....I think I ran across this young kid wanting to do a song (I'm yours) on his old ukulele he was obsessing about and some guy telling him to "shut up" when he says hes sorry if he messes it up! lol

Who was that dude telling you to shut up.

After seeing that video, I found Iamhawaii and then Ukulele Underground. I think when I signed up on UU there was only the forum there.

Wow....long time ago!

Started on Fourth Peg (was that the name?) many years ago. Then Alli B. started the one that pre-dated Ukulele Cosmos. Been with it and Cosmos since day one, then someone made an uncomplimentary comment about Ukulele Underground, so I looked in - and decided to hang around.

John Colter.

The Uke sight I started on was not very active so I decided to find a new home. When I did an Internet search UU was the first one that came up lurked for a month and then joined. I haven't looked on any Uke sights at all I just post here. Doug

I was googling for cases for my new uke, and found a guy's blog with reviews of several cases, and his blog had links to UU and a couple of other uke forums.

I came here, liked what I saw, and I stayed. :D

After looking at what must be thousands of ukulele vids and web pages, my mind is now a blur on things ukulele, but I think it went something like this. Last year I somehow happened upon the Guacomole Ukulele song and sweetafton23's vids and thought what a cool instrument the uke was for strumming and singing kitsch (and I don't mean it in the derogatory sense) songs. Listening to them, I think, "Hey I could do that." Since I don't have a very good voice, kitsch is important to any future success I might have. Then again Willie Nelson, who I love, really has no voice either does he?

Jake and Dominator and a bunch of other really accomplished video ukers also had influence, although in my sober moments I don't usually think I could do what they do on the instrument. . Of course none of that is not to diminish the seeds undoubtedly planted in my brain at an early age by Arthur Godfrey, and whoever else played it on 1950's TV. Once smitten, the magic of hypertext threaded links and Google eventually led me here.

Last edited:
Ummm, I have actively participated on most if not all the other popular uke forums on the web. In my judgment, this place has the most action and the friendliest people.

I'm not bashing other forums. I just like this one best.

Top Bottom