Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081

Thread: How did you end up here?

Searching around the internet for questions about all things ukulele. I am sure google was the search engine route.

I have been learning guitar since this past April and I just purchased a Martin T1K tenor ukulele last week and have been searching everything I can on the internet to learn how to play it, and I heard about this forum from a guitar forum that I belong to and decided to check things out on here and I like what I see and hear on here so I joined and I look forward to learning from all who are willing to help in any way.

From an old post on a horse forum. Of all places.

I was researching which instrument to buy, what strings to use and so forth. UU kept coming up as a source of information, advice and potential later upgrades.
    Pete Howlett 'Deacon' - low G (That One With The Amazing Back)
    Gold Tone small bodied Tenor resonator - high g
    Kala Tenor resonator - low G

Also Mark Savoy G melodeon, Andy Norman DG Anglo, Alba & MK whistles, Dave Copley flutes and Jon Swayne bagpipes. Well, keeps me busy.

I've been a lurker for years (seriously, not in a creepy way). Now that I've been playing uke for a while and trying to build my own, I thought it was time to take the plunge and join.

I can't remember how I got here. Reminds me of times of my misspent youth.

Power lurker

Got here via good old Google. I don't have any meetups where I live and virtual is the best bet.

I figured as I only have 4 fingers I didn't need 6 strings, so I chose the uke over the guitar. I'm sorry to say that even though I know only a few chords, I have already succumbed to UAS. I'll post more when I get the chance. And to all of those already here, thanks in advance for the vast library of past posts - they have been a wonderful source of information!

I did a bing search for documentaries about early ukulele performers and it lead me to the list of ukulele documentaries thread.

Iím gonna check some of them out this evening.

Thread Information