new Collings ukulele

scottie

Reaction score
so. . . I went to do some Christmas shopping, found a wonderful necklace for my mother. After that I went down to the music store and had my way with three Collings UT-1 Mahogany tenor ukuleles. I put some $ down on serial # 114P which is one of the prototypes rather than an actual production model.

There were some concert prototypes made with the large haircut style headstock. All of the tenor prototypes were made with the 3 point headstock. It would have been cool to have one of the extremely rare haircut prototypes but this is still pretty cool from a collectability standpoint. It's a vintage instrument.

It'll be mine in January

It's a beautiful instrument, the intonation is as good as it gets, it sounds woody dark and sweet, light as a feather, playing it I feel like I'm going to float away on a sea of improvisatory wonderfulness.

I have a UT-1 that I bought from Acoustic Music Works recently. It is perfect in every way and you're gonna love it.

Mitch

Any possibility of doing a review? I'm sure there are quite a few folks interested about Collings. There's a general guideline for reviews located here.

You have a soundclip of the Mahogany UC 1 as well. You can immediately tell the difference in sound, the mahogany one has more of a mellow fatbox single pickup at the neck jazz guitar sound while the Koa one is very bright by comparison. The Mahogany on mine is darker than that on the one you're playing.

I'm in envy of your #1 prototype. . . but I'm in love with mine cause it has that dark sound.

i have the number one mahogany prototype which is what is recorded.

Top Bottom