Big update to the forums coming today (12/28)

Whoooooah! Go guys! Thank you for all your hard work keeping this forum updated and running. And during crazy holiday-times too? Y'all rock.

i like the other layout :(

Just noticing a little glitch. When I go into a forum and mark all the posts read with the pull down menu option, it's still showing them unread when I click "new posts."

Don't know where to post this, so I'll put it here. There seems to be a problem now when someone posts a photo. The following post appears in the middle of the photo, or, at least, it does on my monitor. There are a couple of them in the Luthier's Lounge. For instance:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...3608-Goncalo-Spruce-tenor&p=287944#post287944

I have had this situation occur to my also. The link looks ok, but when there is a photo it seems that the posts below are not spaced out properly and some of the photo will be cut off buy the next post. If I see this agian I will take a screen shot to show what I mean.

i just had the same problem...i searched for something and only got results from last month to now

I played with a few searches and I think they only go back to 12/28, the transition date. The searches will not include dates beyond the transition date. Alternatively, if Spots did a search and it went back to November, then I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Maybe this has been addressed earlier and I missed it...

I was using the search feature and noticed the archived posts only go back through November. I know the archives are huge.

Are old posts going to be put back for search/reference purposes (I understand this takes a long time), or are we moving forward from this point in creating new archives?

Thanks.

Yes I noticed that. It must be a bug in the update and hopefully they fix it soon. In the mean time, you can use the advanced search feature and manually select how far you want to search the forum with google by typing in this:

site:ukuleleunderground.com/forum [searchterm]

example:

site:ukuleleunderground.com/forum strings for lanikai

this will bring up search results only from the UU forum

Yes I noticed that. It must be a bug in the update and hopefully they fix it soon. In the mean time, you can use the advanced search feature and manually select how far you want to search the forum with google by typing in this:

site:ukuleleunderground.com/forum [searchterm]

example:

site:ukuleleunderground.com/forum strings for lanikai

this will bring up search results only from the UU forum
I did this in google and it has all the posts that were before the upgrade labeled with [archive]. Is there a way to put the archive in the search type list?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:ukuleleunderground.com/forum+endangered&start=0&sa=N

We have also lost the ability to display advanced search results as posts. Unless I'm missing something, you can only display advanced search results as threads.

Top Bottom