New forum colours

It's amazing what you can find if you take a minute to look.

Agreed. Like this thread is in the wrong space IMO. This is Uke Talk section and this thread is about forum colors. Which would seem more appropiate in General or somewhere else unless we can tie it into ukulele talk. So I think the new forum colors should be fully figured koa grain type colors. A combination of black and brown:)

I kinda like the wood grain look of the home page - more ukey - and the pure white is a bit stark, maybe a muted version would have less glare. Also, as long as you are taking feedback, the line delineating the signature from the post is there, but very faint. I understand that the site is still under construction, and that may be a design issue due to be addressed. That said, I'm not a "hey what are doing to my site?" guy. Nothing wrong with moving the furniture now and then. Go with your instincts. You guys are doing a great, I repeat, a great, job here!:agree:

Yep, what this guy says!

I'm currently traveling so I'm not going to be able to fix it up til i get back to kauai. (picking up koa wood for the undies on the big island). I'd like to get everyone's opinion though on the black vs brown theme because our new version of ukulele underground is more black-ish. let me know if you'd rather have it stick to the browns instead of switching over to black or if you think its time for a change. I'll take a look when I get back and make the changes accordingly.
Personally I prefer the brown. It's more aesthetically pleasing to the eye and makes the forum stand out as more unique.
This may sound daft but if I find say three forums all on the same subject I tend to favour the one that has more of it's own style in the forums. It's just nicer being in a warm, unique environment instead something that looks like every other forum.
My $0.02 I won't have a break down if it stays black but I do prefer the brown.

I don't really care about the colors (though I do like the beigey color rather than white), but I really miss the old format for some reason. It felt more engaging and easier to navigate and to read for me, I guess.

Hm, I guess I AM an old fart. :)

I kind of like the new look.

If you scroll to the very bottom of any page there is a drop-down on the lower left that says "vB4 Default Style." That's a style chooser for the board's skin. I hope Rayan leaves us this option in the style chooser.

And I'm loving the update because YouTube vids can be embedded in the posts. That's much nicer IMO than having to click an external link.

Licks of paint may come and go. It's still home.

Whatever works for the majority is fine with me.

Just remember it's Ryan who has to do the work and spend hours with his head shoved up his CSS. It requires more than just clicking on a colour selector, so whatever the consensus, we need to allow him time to fit the work in alongside his real life.

Ryan, you do have a real life, right?

Top Bottom