Guitar Hero?

I was talking to Aldrine a few days ago and he mentioned this theory he has about ukulele/guitar players with exceptional skills playing like garbage when it comes to Guitar Hero. I know there's really no connection between the two but it's kinda interesting and i thought i'd find out how many of you UKULELE/GUITAR PLAYERS out there play Guitar Hero, at what level you consider yourself to be on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being an ACTUAL Guitar Hero) and if you're better at the actual instrument or game.

At my best, i beat Guitar Hero 3 on MEDIUM :p I'd say i'm a 6 on the scale and better at ukulele

Last edited:
I've practiced and played against my 11 year old niece every weekend. I never win. I play on medium, and she plays the hardest to the 2nd to the hardest levels, whatever they may be. It's so disheartening when my little baby drops the guitar on the ground, raises her hands and says, "What foo!!!". That's it, I quit!!! I'm rate myself a 5, 6 beers or less. 2, 6 beers plus.

I'm aboslutely awful at guitar hero, but I've only played it twice. I think if I actually had the game i'd be decent at it, like any of those types of games (ddr, pump it up, guitaroo man, etc.) It's just that 5th button that throws me off...

I tried Guitar Hero and sucked pretty bad at first. Since I knew most of the tunes on guitar, I kept trying to play to the actual rhythm of the song instead of concentrating on the button presses on screen. Not a good idea! It was really hard to get out of guitar playing mode and into "rhythm game" mode. I then tried concentrating on the game and buttons on screen and forget about real guitar and got a little better, but was still frustrating.

I met with the RedOctane guys for 2 days after they signed up to do GHII on the 360. As a guitarist and a gaming hardware designer, we talked about what I thought would make a better GHII experience with the guitar hardware. They didn't take most of my opinions, but at least I was able to express what would be a better "musician's" feel to the game.

I'm excited to open up Rock Band and try that out a bit. But, since getting my Uke, I've been addicted to it and haven't fired up the 360 at all since....

Ukulele Hero

im like a 8.. i had alot of practice though...that would be cool if there was an UKULELE HERO! that would be sick

HA! That would be awesome. I'll put it in the suggestions. lmao.

I actually had some time to play with Rock Band and GHII again. I have to say, that Rock Bank guitar playing is much better and actually fun. To really compare, I played a couple hours of GHII again and still found it crappy. The drums are also a kick (sorry). The vocals/singing part sucks. You can basically hum or say anything, not the actual lyrics and score as long as you are in pitch. Makes for some fun ad-libbing with friends though...

i'm probably a 2 or 3 around there but I my friends told me that I should play rock band because it's all cool and stuff but I never really got the time to play it.

Attachments

• IMG_20170808_211422.jpg
    IMG_20170808_211422.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20170514_012506.jpg
    IMG_20170514_012506.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0
I just played guitar hero tonight and I passed a song on H ARD! I'm stoked. lol

im probs a 7 im half way through hard and have done easy and medium =)

I guess I'm a 5 then since I can barely beat medium... But, my son, who has been taking guitar lessons for about 6 months, can beat GH3 on hard and is now working on expert. I can play ukulele and guitar much better than him, but he totally rocks at GH3 and want rock band now. ;-)

Top Bottom