What's the Most Annoying Stereotype About Your Neighborhood?

Most people think we're "high" all day, eat only cheese, walk on wooden shoes, are one big red light district, live in a windmil behind a dike and have tulips growing all over the place.
Besides all the above is true:pThere's much more to see and enjoy in our lovely country called Holland (The Netherlands). Oh, and before I forget it's in Europe and no, we're not a part of Germany or Denmark;)

LOL!!!

Dont forget the bicycles!!!

It is true, many peoples first question after you tell em your dutch is:
So you smoke da bud too?

It is true, many peoples first question after you tell em your dutch is:
So you smoke da bud too?

I get that too! I'm not Dutch, though, I'm from California. Humboldt County apparently has a reputation of some kind for growing the reefer? I happen to be one of the lucky few who went to school here and actually found a decent job after graduating, so I stayed, simple as that. But I get a a lot of "knowing looks" from people when I tell them where I live.

The best hookup I have to offer anyone is that I know where to get some incredible grass-fed beef for conventional prices. *shrug*

The problem: The city has declared bankruptcy, cutting the police force by drastic amounts. People no longer follow traffic laws (doesnt help that there's a huge filipino population here), and crime is noticeably increasing.

When enough is enough, I head to SF/Peninsula area to associate with tolerant, less ignorant ppl...

really? the Filipino population makes it that much worse huh?

the stereotype for my town is that its all college kids and rednecks, and it's true!

Top Bottom