Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lanikai or something like it

Default Lanikai or something like it

as mentioned in the other thread i started im looking to buy another uke, and its never to early to start looking.

i played a Lanikai Flame Maple Soprano. It was really good, it sounded great both with tone and resonance. i was wondering what other ukuleles i should look at thats within the $200-350 (USD) price range thats something along the lines of the lanikai flame.

That's a big range. I think if you gave us more specifics it would help.

Size and wood preference would be a good start.

If you're talking about sopranos, you could get a Kelii soprano made with solid koa within your budget. I believe all sizes of Koa Pili Koko fit within your budget as well, and they are all solid. I've tried those KPK ukes and they are well made and sound very nice.

Man, I sound like a Kelii salesman (KPK is made by Kelii)...They do make some really high value stuff though.
    Visit the ukulele ghetto

Too many ukes!: W. King ls-tenor; W. King ls-concert; Kamaka tenor; Koa Works tenor; KoAloha Pineapple Sunday; Dasilva Santo repro; Aaron Taylor tenor; Kiwaya KTS-7; Kanile'a custom SS; Kepasa Gypsy Rose; Bluegrass cigar box tenor; Collings UC-1; Bushman cedartone baritone; Glyph Mezzo Soprano "Mini-Jake"; Kala acacia pocket; Mya-Moe Concert Tradition; Epiphone Les Paul; Martin C1K

if ur gonna pay that much u might as well look into a concert at least. i personaly HATE sopranos because of their weak sound and small

might wanna take a look at some of the stuff from Kala. I'm not just saying that cause they sponsor us. I think they have some quality stuff in the lower price ranges.
    Rayan, What you are doing?

I give up with my PM box, just email ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com

YES Mahaloz!

Quote Originally Posted by KoloheBoy View Post
    i personaly HATE sopranos because of their weak sound and small
    Weak sound? Dude, ya gotta stop playing the $20 plywood ones. My Glyph barks so good that I've played acoustically with three guitarists and had no trouble keeping up.

And the National will blow the balls off of a charging rhino at 50 paces.*

Weak sound. Feh!

("Real men play sopranos." -- Craig Robertson)

*apologies to Mr. Nugent
    Howlin' Hobbit -- Ukulele Ace
    Howlin' on Twitter, YouTube, Bandcamp

right now im looking at sopranos, im still not to sure on the wood type. There are only two good music stores that i can easily get to, and only one of them carries Lanikai's. The other just sells cheap 50$ ukes.

oh nevermind
    Last edited by deach; 05-07-2008 at 12:57 AM. Reason: everyone has their opinion

Quote Originally Posted by h-drix View Post
    There are only two good music stores that i can easily get to, and only one of them carries Lanikai's.
    One of the local music stores here carries Lanikai ukes and they've always surprised me (in a good way) when I've given them a strum. IIRC their price point is pretty reasonable too.

(Sorry if I offended anyone with the last post, especially you, Deach and Koloheboy. I realize the majority here want to shred away on tenors and it's all good but there's no reason to be hating on the standard sized uke. Look around on YouTube and you'll see a buttload of people doing great stuff on all sizes of uke. I guess the "weak sound" thing just hit one of my buttons.)
    Howlin' Hobbit -- Ukulele Ace
    Howlin' on Twitter, YouTube, Bandcamp

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Hobbit View Post
    (Sorry if I offended anyone with the last post, especially you, Deach and Koloheboy....
    No, I'm on your side. I gave up my tenor...

Thread Information