please help, buzz in open pick still after string change

thanks BuddhUU u have been a massive help, i can not thankyou enough, u helped me pin point the area the buzz was coming from and eliminate what i hope are serious things so again thankyou very much

Well small update again, replaced the strings to aquila as kanilea requested and is still buzzing like theres no tomorrow, its discusting to listen to, and waisted around $50 in strings and delivery chargers, and yeh, its set me broke too, extreamly disapointed, havnt played uke for about a month, so awaiting to see what kanilea suggest now, if they say send it back its somethin i wont be able to do for a few months, will cost me close to $100 to send it from aus to hawaii and isnt feasable so its just one bad news thing after the other lol not havin a good run with this one, if it was bought from a shop close by i woulld of been in there requesting refund or exchange from day 1 but store is other side of australia and manufature is other side of the world

Sorry you're still having trouble, mate. I feel for you. I know how awkward it can be when a problem develops with an instrument that was bought from overseas. :( I also know what it's like to be totally broke!

I think the manufacturer is your best bet if you can't afford to have a pro repair guy look at it.

I would suggest that you send them a link to this thread. They may find it helpful if they can see the history of your problem, what you've looked at in trying to track it down, the feedback you've received etc.

Please keep us updated. Hope you get a solution.

Sorry, Keithy... Just reread your post.

If the law in Oz is similar to in the UK then the retailer should really be your point of redress. If the instrument is faulty, then if you were in the UK you would not have to pay shipping to return it.

No harm in letting the manufacturer know all the same, but they may not be directly obliged to intervene if your contract was with the retailer. Of course, there's nothing to stop them helping out if they choose to, but legally it may be more the retailer's responsibility.

You may want to check that out locally to see what consumer law says in your region.

Perhaps let the retailer know about the thread too. They may find the info useful when deciding the best way to implement their customer service.

Where did you buy it? I don't recall seeing the name of the store, just the manufacturer...

As you should be well within any reasonable warranty period, let's hope one or the other of them has the Mainland or MGM approach to customer satisfaction.

thank buddhuu i cant say thanks enough mate, ur words have totally helped me through this situation, and helpin out figureing out problems and possible issues, the seller within australia has very kindly told me that they will repair the ukulele for me and pay to ship it back, i just need to send it to them... im relieved at the moment, although i know it will be gone for a while, i know it will come back fixed, so im still cut as but am noww happy, to me, after listening to it it hearing it get worse by the minute, i have put it down to loose brace of some sort i think, its weird, cause the buzz is in the body and i dont know, just sounds like the wood is "jumping" if you get me, i did try to take it to a local luither this arvo as the australian seller mentioned that they look at it for free, i went into the local store, he told me it will cost me $40 to basically look at it and give me an idea/tell me what the problem is, ha, so that was a failed attempt... but yeh so after some stuffing around trying to figure it out it should be getting sent back some time next week when cash comes in, but on the bright side, if i ever get another ukulele that buzzes i can test about 30 odd things now to eliminate the possible issues lol, i try to pick it up and play it a little but the sound is just grose, it sounds like someone has stringed up a concrete ukulele and as its playing the concrete is rubbing against another piece lol...

I'm delighted that the seller is helping to get it sorted out. :)

Sucks to be without a uke for a while, but it's in a good cause.

Looking forward to seeing you post a big cheer when you get it back all fixed up!

Top Bottom