Your unforgettable moments in gaming.

We talk about em around tables of friends, yep its those moments when in gaming you'll never forget XD

My recent gaming binge has really put me back in touch with my gaming roots, and I find myself going back to those old 8/16bit memories of yore :D

Of all my memories, I guess my most unforgettable moment in gaming is definately playing through Sonic the Hedgehog 3/ sonic and knuckles. That was seriously the first game that I can say that I "mastered" XD I knew every level, how to beat every boss, and all that fun stuff... all back in 4th grade XD

how bout you guys?

Went to the kids house down the street, he had a funny grey box with a flip top lid, it was an NES with only one cartridge, Mario Brothers. I watched and played the game for HOURS. My family came looking for me frantically because it was WAY passed bed-time. I could care less as they yelled I was memorized.

Going from Atari 2600 to Nintendo was game changing for me. I spent that night and following nights dreaming of playing Nintendo. One of those dreams some of you may have had where you feel like you are moving in sync or are the character.

That birthday the NES was mine, I still own it and all my NES games. WITH the grey zapper, no safety orange for me!!!

A few spring to mind. I loved walking around the main town in Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the first time, soaking up that atmosphere. That was a wonderful moment in gaming for me. I still remember that feeling of having to go back after the place was filled with zombies, it was devastating. Plus the noise those things made was creepy as heck.

Playing Street Fighter II in the arcades I wasn't particularly good at it; I couldn't finish off M Bison at the time (I did managed it when I got the SNES version) but when this kid decided to challenge me while I was in the middle of my game because he figured he could easily beat a girl he was in for a surprise.
Bless him he did pay for three credits because he was sure he would manage it the second time and by the third I think he was getting embarrassed and didn't want to give up. lol, fun times.

Finally getting all 96 exits in Super Mario World was a pretty awesome moment as well. :)

Meeting the man I married in WoW was pretty memorable. Neither of us play the game anymore but if it wasn't for WoW, we'd never have met. :)

This actually goes down as one of the most amazing moments in my history. lol

So I went to GameWorks in Vegas with a friend of mine. If you've never been to a gameworks, it's pretty much this huuuuuuuge place with a gazillion games and sometimes even small amusement park-type rides. So they have this Indie 500 racing thing that was pretty intense. There were like 7 'cars' and everyone had a camera on their face so people could see on the TV. And there was even an announcer! So it was kind of a big attraction wtih a long line to play. My friend and I decided to race each other. So it's me, the only girl, against six 20-something jock looking guys.

And I whooped them. Severely. The announcer was flipping out screaming into the microphone, the guys in line next to me were screaming "GOOO!! GOOOOO! GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" And when I caught up to my friend, who was in the lead, I ran him off the road and he crashed. And I won. lol

The announcer was like, "You just beat alllll those guys."

It was amazing.

So I went to GameWorks in Vegas with a friend of mine. If you've never been to a gameworks, it's pretty much this huuuuuuuge place with a gazillion games and sometimes even small amusement park-type rides. So they have this Indie 500 racing thing that was pretty intense. There were like 7 'cars' and everyone had a camera on their face so people could see on the TV. And there was even an announcer! So it was kind of a big attraction wtih a long line to play. My friend and I decided to race each other. So it's me, the only girl, against six 20-something jock looking guys.

And I whooped them. Severely. The announcer was flipping out screaming into the microphone, the guys in line next to me were screaming "GOOO!! GOOOOO! GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" And when I caught up to my friend, who was in the lead, I ran him off the road and he crashed. And I won. lol
lol, that's awesome. :D

Ok, im going to nerd out....im going to list my top 10 moments in gaming in order!!!
10. Hearing "do a barrel roll!" and laughing my arse off.-Starfox64
9. Getting addicted to animal crossing thinking i will beat it-Animal Crossing Wild World
8.Beating Super Mario bros 1-Super Mario Bros.
7.Playing Lotro for the 1st time-Lord of the Rings online
6. Beating "Through the fires and the flames" on expert-Guitar Hero 3
5.Playing my 1st video game.
4. Laughing at Link for wearing tights-Legend of Zelda series
3.Playing Super Mario Bros Wii and beating it in 5 hours.
2. Playing all Games i can get my hands on
1. Beating Legend of Zelda ocarina of time (my 1st video game)

When I played World of Warcraft I had just disbanded my own guild and joined an existing one. We went on a raid of Blackwing Lair and after one of the boss encounters someone posted damage charts with me on top. The conversation was the memorable part for me:

Someone: woah, Threep is on top.
Me: Yeah, I have one glass full of beer and one glass full of cheese balls so I can "drink" them and not get my fingers or keyboard all cheesy.
... pause ...
Someone: Threepwood, you are a god among men.

Actually, the social aspects of WoW were really what I loved about it. There were lots of great memories I can think back on :D

Last edited:
Meeting the man I married in WoW was pretty memorable. Neither of us play the game anymore but if it wasn't for WoW, we'd never have met. :)

So... what race, class, server? Haha, must know :p

I was first a Tauren Druid in classic, then my alt became my main as a Troll Hunter toward the end and into the first expansion, and when the lich king came out I switched back to the Druid. Oh and I was on Eredar.

A couple of moments stand out.

1. Playing Astrosmash on the Intellivision for the first time.
2. Doing the Shell trick in Super Mario Bros.
3. Finding out about the Contra Code
4. The Opera stage in Final Fantasy 3 (or VI in Japan)

Fast forward to last year.

5. Quitting World of War Craft because I realized I had been ignoring my wife for a month.

I'm not a huge gamer, mainly because I'm old, but mine was also on that guy's list... beating Ocarina of Time. My first time through, my nephew told me how you can replace items you no longer need, such as the bombchu, with fairy bottles. I thought that was great, until I got to a point in Gannon's Castle where you must have a bombchu. Had to start over. I'm tempted to get another N64 just to play that game.

So... what race, class, server? Haha, must know :p

I was first a Tauren Druid in classic, then my alt became my main as a Troll Hunter toward the end and into the first expansion, and when the lich king came out I switched back to the Druid. Oh and I was on Eredar.
We met in Twisting Nether. Later, we transfered to Blackwing Lair (I mean really, worst server or what?). I had a bunch of Toons,80 BE Pally, 70 Tauren Warrior, 80 BE Hunter, 60something Mage, and others I can't remember. He had an 80 Orc Shaman.

My dad had a pretty strict "no-console" policy in our house when I was growing up because he was convinced that all the games for the computer would always be faster, better and cheaper (emphasis on the "cheaper" part, i.e., not having to buy the gaming system itself). All of my virtual activities were pretty much confined to the PC, which I didn't mind so much because I thought it was really cool anyway.

For some reason, my dad got a copy of Doom and installed it on one of our two primitive '90s computers. I would sit on his lap and play the game with him (I was four years old), using one of those old joysticks, and we had father-daughter bonding moments as we shot up monsters in space. (My mother was not too thrilled when she found out.)

I'm not a huge gamer, mainly because I'm old, but mine was also on that guy's list... beating Ocarina of Time. My first time through, my nephew told me how you can replace items you no longer need, such as the bombchu, with fairy bottles. I thought that was great, until I got to a point in Gannon's Castle where you must have a bombchu. Had to start over. I'm tempted to get another N64 just to play that game.

you could download a n64 emulator and then download the game.
i had it during high school and that was like 4 years ago so you can def. get it now.

mine are:

- Beating Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time in 10 days. I love the game, best I've ever played.
- Having a kickass clan in Tribes 2
- Getting a Epic item in WOW

I haven't played video games as much as I've used to (thank god) but those are def. some that come to mind.

Lol, I know, right? I actually thought about getting a tattoo of a female tauren warrior because that is what toon I played when I met him.

The only trouble with that would be trying to explain to the grandkids why grandma has a picture of a rather menacing beast on her right shoulder.

"Y'see... back in the day, your grandpa and I used to hack apart gnomes together, and ---"
"You mean the kind that are on Mrs. Johnson's spaceturf?"
"...not exactly, no."

The only trouble with that would be trying to explain to the grandkids why grandma has a picture of a rather menacing beast on her right shoulder.

"Y'see... back in the day, your grandpa and I used to hack apart gnomes together, and ---"
"You mean the kind that are on Mrs. Johnson's spaceturf?"
"...not exactly, no."
I just won't have kids then. :p

I remember being challenged for the first time in halo 2. I was honestly a sh*t talker, and I guess I pissed someone off. He went to challenge me, and I beat him 25-0 on lockout :] I didn't even use a sword or sniper. Full on BR XDD

Btw, for those who say Halo sucks or whutever your negative comment is, games are a preference. kind of like music. why do the jonas brothers get such a lashing just because people dont agree with their music.

EDIT: I just remembered.. I'm the king of Mario Kart double dash! My friends were playing a one on one race in that baby loop stage and one ended up turning his car all the way around, and the other lapping him. I took the controller, and beat him. just like that XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom