Your unforgettable moments in gaming.

We talk about em around tables of friends, yep its those moments when in gaming you'll never forget XD

My recent gaming binge has really put me back in touch with my gaming roots, and I find myself going back to those old 8/16bit memories of yore :D

Of all my memories, I guess my most unforgettable moment in gaming is definately playing through Sonic the Hedgehog 3/ sonic and knuckles. That was seriously the first game that I can say that I "mastered" XD I knew every level, how to beat every boss, and all that fun stuff... all back in 4th grade XD

how bout you guys?

Is there any gaming moment more iconic than this:

Turning on Super Mario 64 and spending about 30 minutes stretching various parts of Mario's face on the title screen.

beating mike tyson in the original mike tyson punch out.... he has a single knock out punch that he uses like 6 times within every 15 seconds jeez he was tough

also finding out the cake was a lie

Beating the Elite 4 in Pokemon for the first time. :)

also finding out the cake was a lie

lol omg dude yes! cant wait for portals 2!

and also, funny story, me and my wife also met on wow. i was a human warrior and she was my night elf druid damsel in distress.

A recent one that comes to mind is beating my friend at black ops and fifa 11. I dont own these games and had never played them before and i beat him 18-16 on black ops and 2/3 games on fifa. He was so angry and the rage made him play worse so he just got progressively more angry.

Let's see.

Anything in Zelda: Ocarina of time. Never been into a game so much before that game. When will a game like this be out again?!?!?!

Game winning kill in COD4 to beat 4 professional gamers. All they do is play COD all day every day, get paid, go to tournaments and get free stuff. I ate my wheaties before that game.

Nba2k... 6 or 7ish. Whenever it started going online. Was playing this guy who was killing me all game and talking trash non stop. I came back from a 20 point deficet int he fourth and hit the game winning shot at the buzzer.

NBA2k9 or 10ish. Was playing a person online and he came down, did a cross over on my guy and my guy fell over. He paused the game and went back to reply and replayed him breaking my guys ankles over and over. Very next play I get the ball, cross his guy over and break his ankles. He falls over and I dunk it on one of his centers. I PAUSE THE GAME and go to replay and for the next 5 minutes slowly replay the cross over and dunk over and over and oooovvver.

Completing Pokemon is up there, along with first completing resident evil.

Oh, and finally unlocking Wesker in the resi 4 mercenaries mini-game, you guys have NO IDEA how amazingly happy I was with myself.
I pretty much leapt around the room whooping and woke the whole house :D

Simple, playing Super Mario 64 for the first time. It blew me away.

Does everyone agree Super Mario 64 was the best Mario game ever? Man, losing myself in that world was amazing! I tried to get into the new ones on the Wii, I just don't like the whole outer space thing.

Does everyone agree Super Mario 64 was the best Mario game ever?

Agreed.

But then I think the best Zelda was the first one, so maybe I'm just a Nintendo luddite. :)

JJ

My most memorable moment was getting my hands on a Shareware version of WOLFENSTEIN 3D on floppy disc (yeah, the actual five inch floppy ones). After taking what seemed like ages to install it onto my PC I loaded it up and was hit by that eerie music.

I played that game for hours on end. I remember thinking it was absolutely epic and groundbreaking. And it was. That soundtrack, those sound effects, the guns, the hidden doors, those crazy Nazi dogs...

wolfenstein3d.jpg

How tough are you?

"I am death incarnate!"

Yes!!! I remember that. I'm about to be 25, but I just barely remember the old floppy disks...back when they were actually floppy.

5 and 1/4 inch floppies? Heck, I remember when they were 8 inches.

Remember notching out one edge with a hole punch to turn single-sided floppies into double-sided ones on the cheap? Ah, sweet youth...

JJ

before the "playstation era" i had my unforgettable moments with masterpieces like , Double Dragon, Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Black Tiger...but the best was without any doubt...Ghouls n Ghosts!

Pretty easy choice for me. When I solved MYST by myself. It only took 4 months! First game I was hooked on. Finally finished all of the MYST games. Took 14 years... Found SPORE and still play with it; haven't finished it yet. Then came Siberia I and Siberia II. Sometimes I poor a cold beer and load some of those games and just admire the creativity involved in the scenery and interactions. Not much interested in killing and racing, but WII Sports is good.

Just found this and had to post.

Not in order:

1. Playing the finale of Halo (original on the old xBox) with my newborn daughter asleep in my lap, trying hard to make it and not wake her up
2. Playing System Shock late at night, barely surviving a scary, long and horrible encounter with something, retreating into the elevator, and having a sudden peaceful moment with the elevator musak playing, and my heart pounding
3. Playing Scorched Earth for 12 hours straight, then going to a party and hooking up with the girl who is now my wife
4. The Omaha Beach section of the original Call of Duty- same with the russian fight for Stalingrad...

I think that's about it for now.

The first one that always comes to mind when the topic comes up is the incredible plot twist in the first Knights of the Old Republic...that blew my mind!

Top Bottom