Your unforgettable moments in gaming.

We talk about em around tables of friends, yep its those moments when in gaming you'll never forget XD

My recent gaming binge has really put me back in touch with my gaming roots, and I find myself going back to those old 8/16bit memories of yore :D

Of all my memories, I guess my most unforgettable moment in gaming is definately playing through Sonic the Hedgehog 3/ sonic and knuckles. That was seriously the first game that I can say that I "mastered" XD I knew every level, how to beat every boss, and all that fun stuff... all back in 4th grade XD

how bout you guys?

Not so much of a memorable moment, more of a annoyed one. Going back quite a bit in my gaming days, Spectrum 128:D. I bought a chess game, nice graphics for the time and easy keyboard instructions etc. As always I start my games on the easier levels and work my up as far as I can go. I did this with chess game and all was going well til three to four moves off me winning when the computer switched sides and put me in the losing side.

I played several games and each time this happened, it even switched when I managed to get out of my own attacks and traps - each time I got anywhere near winning it would switch.

I binned it temper, I don't mind losing but that's going a bit too far when a programme cheats;)

What a cool thread! Too bad it's old and neglected. Allow me to dust it off a bit. :) I have a little list here.

1. Receiving a brand new Atari 2600 for Christmas when I was 7 (1983). I had Pac Man (of course) and a game called Yars Revenge.
2. NES Christmas of 1988. Mom sent me on a scavenger hunt to finally get it. She hid it in the oven.
3. Game Boy when it came out. Loved that thing!
4. Beating Castlevania 2 was a big deal to me. No idea. It wasn't that spectacular of a game, but I remember being the only kid in my class who figured out to hold a certain color crystal and kneel in certain places. That would either summon a ferry guy or whisp you away on a tornado. After that point, everyone would ask me for help in figuring out games.
5. After a couple decades of not really playing games, I got into WoW. After being terribad for my first year, it was nice to be a recruited Resto Shaman in higher ranking raiding guilds. Switched to Boomkin for the latest expansion and recently retired from raiding.

Don't game much any more. Too many other things going on. But I've had some great times.

Ahhh.... the original Monkey Island... Nothing since has been as entertaining. "Oh ye developers! Hearken to me! Graphics maketh not the game!" ;)

I felt like a million bucks when I first got the horse in Ocarina of Time.

This thread rocks.

My best gaming memory comes from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I won't spoil it.... but the major spoiler in the game... I sat there for 5 minutes with my jaw dropped. If you are a Star Wars fan and haven't played this game, you must. It is the absolute best story and experience in all of Star Wars. Better than any of the books or movies.

(No, not Star Wars: The Old Republic.)

This thread rocks.

My best gaming memory comes from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I won't spoil it.... but the major spoiler in the game... I sat there for 5 minutes with my jaw dropped. If you are a Star Wars fan and haven't played this game, you must. It is the absolute best story and experience in all of Star Wars. Better than any of the books or movies.

(No, not Star Wars: The Old Republic.)

I never played KTOR, but friends of mine who did and loved it convinced me to get SWTOR when it came out. None of us play it anymore. There was just something missing, but I don't know enough about that gaming franchise to be able to say exactly what. Is KTOR still around?

On my own gaming news: I just got into Ingress (Android only for now). What a fun game. Augmented reality.

I never played KTOR, but friends of mine who did and loved it convinced me to get SWTOR when it came out. None of us play it anymore. There was just something missing, but I don't know enough about that gaming franchise to be able to say exactly what. Is KTOR still around?

On my own gaming news: I just got into Ingress (Android only for now). What a fun game. Augmented reality.

KoTOR was released for the iPad not too long ago. It's is well worth the playthrough at whatever price they're charging. It is still, EASILY, the very best game I have ever played.

I consider KoTOR I and II to be separate from The Old Republic. I and II are RPGs. TOR is an MMO set hundreds of years afterwards. I agree that it was missing something. But MMOs have never really done it for me in the first place.

Back when my brother lived with us he had Street Fighter EX plus Alpha for playstation. I usually don't like fighter games but something about that one really got me into it. I stayed up for two days straight of constant playing (I was around 12 at the time), only taking breaks to get food or when nature called. I have a scar on my left pinky from the blisters I got from playing for so long. When I finally beat M. Bison on the hardest setting I nearly did a back flip from the excitement. The only other game to ever drag me in like that was Skyward Sword, which I requested time off from work so my girlfriend and I could play straight through. It was magical.

Great thread!

On Saturday nights, probably early 90's, my parents would give me and my friend $20 and tell us to go to Peter Piper Pizza. My friend and I would play Bad Dudes on the arcade until we ran out of money. Loved that game.

KoTOR was released for the iPad not too long ago. It's is well worth the playthrough at whatever price they're charging. It is still, EASILY, the very best game I have ever played.

I consider KoTOR I and II to be separate from The Old Republic. I and II are RPGs. TOR is an MMO set hundreds of years afterwards. I agree that it was missing something. But MMOs have never really done it for me in the first place.

I didn't "discover" MMO's til 2008 and I love that genre, especially fantasy based. I'm going to see if I can snag KoTOR somewhere on the cheap and give it a go.

Back when my brother lived with us he had Street Fighter EX plus Alpha for playstation. I usually don't like fighter games but something about that one really got me into it. I stayed up for two days straight of constant playing (I was around 12 at the time), only taking breaks to get food or when nature called. I have a scar on my left pinky from the blisters I got from playing for so long. When I finally beat M. Bison on the hardest setting I nearly did a back flip from the excitement. The only other game to ever drag me in like that was Skyward Sword, which I requested time off from work so my girlfriend and I could play straight through. It was magical.

The only game that ever had me THAT hooked, believe it or not, was Gran Turismo 3 on the regular PS. I bought it just before a 4 day weekend and I got almost zero sleep that whole weekend.

Great thread!

On Saturday nights, probably early 90's, my parents would give me and my friend $20 and tell us to go to Peter Piper Pizza. My friend and I would play Bad Dudes on the arcade until we ran out of money. Loved that game.

Haha, I remember Bad Dudes. Wow... way to bring back some memories. Arcades in the malls were my favorite back then.

Most unforgettable video game was my first RPG -- "Ali Baba" on the Atari 800XL. I have been an avid RPG player (me & my son) ever since then. Strictly turned-based. I'm too slow for anything real-time.

Shadowbane: Being vastly outnumbered at sieges (like 130 vs 20). And kiting around whole groups of people on my huntress and killing them.
WoW: Looting my first thunderfury binding during vanilla

There are def big moments in single player games for me too, but nothing like those.

Top Bottom