For Sale: Risa Uke-solid concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plainsong

Reaction score
It's time to let one of the family go. For sale is the Risa uke-solid concert. It's in great condition. The only "issue" is that this is one of the first times I changed strings, and the A string was put on in a different direction than the other ones, meaning, you get to tune it in another direction. It doesn't affect playability though, it's just a goof and easily fixed. I'll throw in a set of Aquila concert strings (not ever tested with the Risa, you'll be blazing new territory!). The strings on at the moment are Risa branded Worths.

Also included in the package:

• Gig bag
  • Short cable that came with the uke
  • Tuner with cable port, plug the cable in to tune
  • Aquila strings

And for an extra $20.00, if you need one, a Danelectro Honeytone portable amp.

The price is $180.00 shipped worldwide (plus $20.00 if you'd like the amp as well). I purchased the Risa new from Risa's website at ukulele.de, where you can find sound samples. They can be found all over Youtube as well.

I have no way to cash checks or money orders as they stopped using those in Finland some 30 years ago, but I can take Paypal or bank transfer.

Thanks for looking, and let me know if you have any questions!

fscn0266.png

fscn0264.png

fscn0262.png

And the traveling size of the Risa and Honeytone compared to your average uke case:

dscn0240.png

SOLD to Hotnanas! Thanks!

Last edited:
do you think you could hold it for about a month and a half?

Bah, I'm interested too, won't have the money until about a month though. Plus I was thinking of waiting a bit and getting a Kala 8 string.

And I was wondering if you already sell this beauty!!! :love: (before you post this thread...actually in another thread i asked you about this risa uke!!!!!!!!! fate maybe??? I'm gonna think it today!!!!!!

are you shipping from finland or south carolina?

I live in Helsinki, so I'll be shipping from here. If it comes under the size and weight limit (which I think it does), I'll use the registered letter option so that we can have a tracking number. Registered letter takes the same amount of time as priority post, which takes about 5 days from here to the East coast.

I send stuff back home all the time, it's really not a big deal as long as stuff is well packed. :)

hmmmm, let me think for a bit...

this damn UAS. (whoa don't type that wrong...cuz I almost had a serious typo!)

is there any damage?

No no, it's in mint condition. Only the A string is on "backward" but it doesn't affect playability, it's just you have to turn one of the pegs in another direction. One of those oopses of a first time putting on strings. I have no idea what it'll sound like with concert aquila strings, but I'll throw in the extra set because of my goof.

The amp is in great shape too, but I don't know if you need that or not.

I had planned on eventually selling it because my next uke sometime down the road is also an electric. I have to keep the peace at home by not having too much of the same thing. But our little dachshund needs a growth removed, so I'm just raising funds as quickly as I can. Oh if this had only happened in June it wouldn't be an issue. :(

Her name is Pixel, or Pixie as we usually call her. She's got what they think is a benign growth on her knee. It's just one of those things that has to be done.

I know she has more hair than many of the doxies you see from the US. In the US it's mostly all about the smoothhairs. Pixie is a wiredhair, which is by far the most popular type here. There's someone here at UU who has lots of dachshunds of all the varieties though. :) I think the more pressing issue, if you ask Pixie, is that she needs to have a coat stripping done on Monday. Instead of a haircut, they actually pull the hair out, and if she protested, I wouldn't have this done, but she doesn't mind. The hair type is such that it doesn't hurt. Right now she looks more like some very cuddly terrier with her hair much thicker than in the picture. By Monday she'll look like a doxy again. :)

Image-11C4C8B399FB11D7.jpg

Last edited:
Plainsong - Check you PM

Get well Pixie!

Deach! Dude! You didn't have to do that! She's not at death's door. We'll get the growth removed, she's ok. It's just topical, they don't have to slice open the leg!

No, you'd see me very inconsolable if that were the case. She's just at that age where these things gotta be done, and we have to eat, so you know how it is, something has to be sold.

Deach, I really really appreciate the gesture, but please let me refund you! Deach is the greatest guy in the world. To Deach also means to show great kindness above and beyond the call of duty.

The uke is still for sale, Pixie is very cute. People are easily fooled by her amazing cuteness. Regardless of if the uke sells we'll get this growth taken care of next week.

Second edit - sale pending...

Last edited:
PLAINSONG PLEASE CHECK YOUR PM!!!
PLEASE DONT OFFER THE RISA ANYMORE...I WILL BUY IT YO YOU!!! :rock:
AND I WANT THE AMP TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's my email if case you need it:

south_110@hotmail.com

Ingrit

I posted sale pending in my last post to reflect that someone else was in the process of buying the Risa. I didn't know if you were serious or not since you just said you were thinking about it. From my experience selling things in forums, that often means nothing. I didn't know I should hold it for you. I'm sorry, but someone else bought it while you were thinking. :(

I'm sure you understand, and Risas are reasonably priced even as knew. I'm sorry it fell through though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom