Tuning problem with Cordoba La Playa Tenor

bob1000

Reaction score
I recenctly purchased a Cordoba La Playa Tenor Uke online, as an addition to my soprano, but having huge difficulty getting any pleasurable sound out of it. If tuned GCEA, the strings seem very loose, and the sound is anything but 'bright'! The strings are Aquila. Im in South Africa, and there is no help here, music shops are not interested in Uke's at all! If anyone else has one of these please help!

I have a Cordoba La Playa Tenor and I love it. No tuning or intonation issues whatsoever.

Are you sure you're turning it to the right pitch, as the strings should not feel loose if you are. Personally, I'm not crazy about Aquilas, but they are good quality strings and should not provide any tuning problems.

If you are using an electronic tuner, is it perhaps set to "guitar" or something? I always use mine on "chromatic" mode. Are you tuning an octave too low (which would account for loose strings)?

Thanks, my tuner doesnt have any real setting other than auto or manual. I will look into tuners. What pitch should I be tuning too?
There is a problem getting strings here. I will have to order online. What should i get?

Thanks. Is there any link where I can hear how a tenor ukulele should sound?

Your tenor should be tuned to the same notes as your soprano (not an octave lower).

In ukuleles, tenor and soprano are different sizes, rather than different voicings.

I had some trouble with my Cordoba too.

I'm beginning to wonder about their quality control...

Thanks. Is there any link where I can hear how a tenor ukulele should sound?

If you use the link that was provided by buddhuu you can hear the pitches of each individual string. Just press the play button under each string name.

Had trouble? How did you solve it? Going to try different strings... What is the difference between tenor and soprano strings? D\Addario is all i can get.

Hundreds of them on YouTube

Top Bottom