Put Your City on the UU Map!

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
So, I thought it was a really cool idea that cheeseburger had about making a member map of all the cities in the world that UU visits.

I thought it was such a great idea, that I made an editable Google map that we can all contribute to. We can even view this map in Google Earth. Once it starts to grow, just think how cool a Google Earth fly-by tour of all the cities will be!

Just think how cool it will be when I figure out how to use this thing!

Ugh. Can anyone else figure it out? Here's the link:

Ukulele Underground Members

Please, no street addresses! I don't want any crazy stalkers getting crazy ideas. Only enter the name of your city, please.

I was able to put a picture of myself in my city, but that's as far as I got. I don't know how anyone that's not me can add their city to the map.

If you want to add your picture, you have to first upload the picture to an image host, like imageshack. Then you copy the information in the text box labeled "Direct link to image".

Once you have that info copied, you can paste it into your placemark description on Google Maps by pressing the image icon. Just make sure that you're in "rich text" mode.

Thanks to anyone that wants to help me figure this thing out!

Peace!

Figured it out.

Just go straight to the link.

- Make sure you are signed in!!!

- Find your city on the map.

- Click on the edit button (a series of tools will appear on the map).
[trouble shooter: there won't be an edit button if you haven't signed in yet]

-Click on the blue bubble tool that looks kinda like a hot air balloon in the top left hand corner of the map then click to put it where ever you are on the map. (Remember, no street addresses, just cities is fine!)

-Write your details. (city/country AND UU screen as the TOPIC and then put your personal info so we know who you are in the part that says DESCRIPTION)

Click save and you're done!!!

Last edited:
Sweet! :D

Thanks, Frood! I put your pic in there.

Thanks Seeso.

.....and what a friendly + welcoming pic it is too!!

By the way, genius idea for the map by cheeseburger!

@Frood: For the balloon-like thingy to appear, you may have to click the "Edit" button first. Then, look in the left upper corner for map editing tools.

There's already 7 members mapped! Whoo hoo! :D

@Frood: For the balloon-like thingy to appear, you may have to click the "Edit" button first. Then, look in the left upper corner for map editing tools.

You're too right!!! Good spotting there.

Of course - it would take a Uke Ninja to figure that one out!

I am but a grasshopper - and now your learned student, Master!

*bows humbly*

Last edited:
Thanks Seeso.

.....and what a friendly + welcoming pic it is too!!

By the way, genius idea for the map by cheeseburger!

Ha ha! Friendly and cheeky, maybe...

I put pictures in those other entries. I hope you guys don't mind. If you do, let me know and I'll take them out.

yay, got it now. everybody do it. yes, you.

Rayan, someone edited your placemark... Ack. I tried to edit it back, but I don't remember what it used to say...

I think it's best that we change the name of our city to include our screen names, to avoid confusion.

I forgot to add that you have to press the edit button first...:uhoh:

I'll add it now!

:)

and where's the edit button?

I need coffee........:confused:

oh nevermind. I figured it out. You have to be logged in first.

Last edited:
and where's the edit button?

I need coffee........:confused:

Hey Deach I was wondering too. You have to sign in first. I see you figured it out.

Last edited:
Apologies to all. You'd think english was my second language...

So i'm happy to throw my hands in the air an admit how SHITE my effort at directions were..
... i'll go and fix them.

4th times a charm..

...isn't it???

Top Bottom