Personal Uketopia

nobby8126

Reaction score
I was sitting here with my three kids clawing at my strings and phonecalls coming in from work thinking when and where is everyones uketopia. A place where you are undisturbed and alone to enjoy and contemplate.
Apologies if this has been done before I did have a quick scout on previous threads and couldn't find anything.

The link below is my ditty contribution would be great to see what other people can come up with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xqksv_zz_Y

Thank you! you got me laughing, and I had a bad day so it was really welcome! I can't contribute very much because as it happens, my uketopia is the same one as yours (the shitter as you so poetically put it). I guess its a part of having small kids!

Take care!

Lanikai LU-21 (hey, I'm a beginner!)

The way our apartment is laid out, if I went to the bathroom to play uke, the entire building would have something to say about it. And maybe only one of those would be something nice. It's just me, Mr. Plainsong, and Pixie (our dog), so my uketopia is the living room. Although Pixie is a dachshund, so she's not at all concerned about what your wants and needs are. If she wants to be in my lap, then I have to play around her. She doesn't care. I can put her back down and tell her no, but her feelings are unhurt and she just goes right back to where she was. 7 years ago the breeder did warn us that this one was going to be particularly stubborn even as far as doxies go.

Here she is inserting herself into a uke photo session. This is what wiredhairs look like when the hair grows out. It's 10 degrees out, so that coat stays for a while. :)

I think I just outted myself as a doggie person.. :eek:

Attachments

• DSCN1070.jpg
    DSCN1070.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 34
No kids, no wife, no pets - my uketopia is my entire apartment. The cool thing about being single, 50, and having a reasonably good job is that I can live like I'm 20 and actually afford stuff.

I actually love playing in my cubicle at work during lunch time. My coworkers don't mind and give me space while I'm doing it, and it's a great way to unwind if the first half of the day is busy...

Forgot to ask for tabs for that, Nobby, as I'm planning a cover version.

Eat plenty of fibre and have more time in uketopia.

No kids, no wife, no pets - my uketopia is my entire apartment. The cool thing about being single, 50, and having a reasonably good job is that I can live like I'm 20 and actually afford stuff.

now you are just rubbing it in.

simple chords of C Em Am C

I do live a stones throw from the beach myself but have only been playing a week or so and its the coldest winter in 30 years so not tried it yet.

I'm house hunting right now and finding a home with a little room for just instruments and playing music is a very, very high priority for me. I'm starting to feel like the narrator in "Cool Dry Place" by the Traveling Wilburys with all these instruments laying all around my tiny bedroom.

Anywhere in my home between 3 and 6:30 pretty much works for me. Somehow I enjoy playing the most about 4:30 in the afternoon. As soon to be empty-nesters, I'll be able to play uninterrupted anytime I want. Wow!

Gonna get me a campervan so I can just get away and play to my hearts content and still be able to cook a bacon sarnie.

Top Bottom