An 'ukulele orchestra!

AverseBliss

Reaction score
My music teacher (well, I don't take music at school any more, but he was back when I did) managed to get about £1000 for 'ukuleles to start an 'ukulele orchestra at my school (high school, where I live that's 13-18 years old)! We had the first session today and it was really cool. My friend Alex and I are instructing mostly, and it's a really good experience. It really tests my playing, teaching others how to play. We ran through Jason Castro's version of "Somewhere over the rainbow" today, and managed to get through with only a couple of hiccups, I was very impressed considering there were almost 20 people playing at once and all bar a couple had never picked up an 'ukulele before, and they'd been taught for a grand total of about 30 minutes. We're hopefully going to be playing in a few carnivals and stuff, playing some covers, I'm really looking forward to seeing it develop! I'll maybe post some videos when we get some songs properly together. I used 'ukulele underground as a big resource when looking up teaching methods and beginner techniques and stuff, so thanks guys!
-Zach

Last edited:
Top Bottom