Kanile'a K-1 Super Concert (Like New Condition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

david98116

Reaction score
Aloha all,

I have reached a point where I have to get rid of my most beloved instrument. This is something that I really don't want to do but I simply need money for a higher priority right now. This is a beautiful looking & sounding ukulele. It was purchased in February of 2008 and has been babied to say the least. There are no nicks, digs, or scratches to note. The sound is like no other instrument I have ever played. I'm hoping that someone will purchase it and occasionaly post vids on Youtube so I can hear it sing from time to time. I will attach pics and the link of me playing is below. I am asking for $650 which will include shipping anywhere in the continental USA and Alaska. Comes with the case and humidifier. Currently strung with brand new Aquilas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AYM7M6O_jQ

Attachments

• Uke_003.jpg
    Uke_003.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Uke_006.jpg
    Uke_006.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Uke_009.jpg
    Uke_009.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Uke_012.jpg
    Uke_012.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 70
I've been in the same place financially so I'll make you a deal...I'll buy it for $650 and give you the option to buy it back any time over the next three years for the same price (or less if it's not in the same condition...but it will definitely be treated well!).

Craig

Last edited:
As someone who just got a Kanile'a superconcert, and having been in your position a fair few times, my heartfelt condolences to you. Wow, cpatch! That is spectacularly awesome of you!

Thanks for the high G vid too. Mine is low right now. I'm waiting for the strings to wear out a bit before going back to high G, which I very much prefer. I've yet to hear my own uke in high G. :)

i feel for you but i work at an ukulele store and that is a realy good price and cpatch thats some kool aloha spirit you got their right on cuzin

I think that's very cool thing to offer Cpatch. It's people like you that makes ukeing so cool.

Wow. All that discussion about how cool people are on the UU boards? Yep, that's proven right here in this post. Cpatch is a stand up fellow.

Wow. All that discussion about how cool people are on the UU boards? Yep, that's proven right here in this post. Cpatch is a stand up fellow.

yea, doesnt take you long to see some of the great Aloha spirit. I hope he takes up cpatch's offer. Kinda hard to beat. I would have done the same thing if I had the $650 to spend on it. I was hoping someone would make that offer when I read the OP and low and behold, the first response has it on lock :D Thanks for spreadin the love!!

I've had those moments where you stare at your ukulele and it is like the cartoons where the two shipwrecked guys each turn into hot dogs and turkeys. Every time I have managed to pull out of it...knock on wood. I'm not even shopping, but came to this post to check out one of my fantasy ukuleles.

After I read your post, my original thought was that even if I was able, I could never buy that instrument and feel good about it. All I could think of was that there must be another solution. Then I saw the offer from cpatch. It just made me feel better about people in general.

I hope for two things- First that you are able to decline Cpatch's offer so you can keep your instrument, because I will know that means you have started to solve your problem. Second, if that is not an option, I hope you take cpatch up on his offer and find your way back to the instrument (if that is what is meant to happen) as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone but I'm just happy to be in a place right now where I can help a fellow uke player out (plus I get to spend some time with a great instrument, so I'm not being entirely selfless :)). He is taking me up on my offer and hopefully I'll be sending it back in the not-too-distant future.

cpatch you rule. Any chance you are also shopping for a Pineapple Sunday? As of this weekend, I will have one for sale. ;) Way to help him out and I hope you are only borrowing it and it makes its way back to him in the future.

Way to help a fellow 'ukulele player out Cpatch.

Just a word to all of you here. I came to the really tough decision to do this after a long debate with myself. To have the first reply to this posting be Cpatch's was really flooring. I can see in all of your posts that you can also feel the Aloha in this community. Although I am saddened by seeing my baby leave home for the first time I am overjoyed to be sending her to a good place. More than anything else I am humbled by the gesture. This is one I will have to pay forward one day soon so that someone else can feel what I am feeling. U are truly awesome Cpatch. Mahalo.

I think, from this moment forward, we should consider cpatch's offer as an option in our dealings here. It could come up again in the future. I hereby officially christen that the cpatch option.

What a really nice idea.

Just a word to all of you here. I came to the really tough decision to do this after a long debate with myself. To have the first reply to this posting be Cpatch's was really flooring. I can see in all of your posts that you can also feel the Aloha in this community. Although I am saddened by seeing my baby leave home for the first time I am overjoyed to be sending her to a good place. More than anything else I am humbled by the gesture. This is one I will have to pay forward one day soon so that someone else can feel what I am feeling. U are truly awesome Cpatch. Mahalo.

David, Bruddah--do you still have anything at home to play? If not, I'm cpatching you a uke to fill the hole until you can get yours back.

David, Bruddah--do you still have anything at home to play? If not, I'm cpatching you a uke to fill the hole until you can get yours back.

Wow ! Thanks Pdxuke but looks like I am covered. Take nothing away from the gesture though. That was also a Cpatch moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom