so get this...

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
there's a guy on my local craigslist. offering to tune your guitar for $15.

i know. you just thought to yourself, "are you serious?" or "is he serious?"

its true guys! isnt it awesome? i wonder if he does ukulele also. i mean, when i put new strings on my $160 lanikai, can you imagine what a convenience it would be to just drop it off with about $320 to cover the multiple times it would need to be tuned and re-tuned? sounds like a great guy!

just in case you were wondering, that whole last paragraph was 100% sarcastic.

lol...I have a buddy that sells 'Air Guitar Strings'...that's right...for the Air Guitar. I had the biggest laugh when my girlfriend tried to throw away my brand new set of air guitar strings. She told me she thought I already used them and that's why she was going to throw the package away. It took her a while to catch on.

http://www.airguitarstrings.com

Maybe he mis-spoke/wrote? I've seen people offer to re-string guitars for $15 or so. I wonder if he gets any business if he just tunes em?

You laugh - but while haunting my local music shop last night, two different people came in asking the shop to change and tune their strings. They charge 5 bucks, plus string costs. But they will teach you to do it yourself at the same time.

If the craigslist guy were smart, he'd charge for stringing/tuning lessons. 10 bux. They would bite - as puzzling as it is to me, they would bite.

Top Bottom