Uke Lesson 26 - Europa

Hey UUers - This month's ep of Uke Lessons is up!

Uke Lesson 26 - Europa

This one is a pretty simple version of Europa for you to build on. The sky is the limit with this song - you can add slides, hammer-ons, phrasing, improvisation, whatever you like! Santana definitely put his soul into this song, so we'd love to see the kinds of stuff you guys throw into the mix. Thoughts, ideas, questions, comments, video links to your own version of Europa - post them all below!

Question: I have learned Europa, all parts, however, I am having trouble with the strum. I just cannot concentrate on the left hand picking and keep the pattern up. Could you recommend a simplier strum pattern that would work. I am going to play it with a friend in public in the near future. We will switch between the lead and the chord pattern as you suggested. Aldrine, thank you so much for your wonderful video lessons. I have learned several songs using your lessons, that would have never learned on my own. Thank you so much. I will be in HI in September for my 50th High School reunion. I attended Radford High School in 1961-62, on Oahu. Aloha.

Great job in teaching as always. I am having trouble with the strum, can you or anyone offer a simpler strum that would work with Europa? (second request)

Europa

What was the picking pattern that you used on the improv parts? From the top of C7 thru Dm, after the strum you were picking C and E string first or visa versa? Thanks for all the video lessons, you've made a difference and I improved 10 times then I was a month ago. Mahalo Nui

Also I'd love to see Aldrine to something for Anjuli from Hapa.

Last edited:
Top Bottom