Uke Lesson 26 - Europa

Hey UUers - This month's ep of Uke Lessons is up!

Uke Lesson 26 - Europa

This one is a pretty simple version of Europa for you to build on. The sky is the limit with this song - you can add slides, hammer-ons, phrasing, improvisation, whatever you like! Santana definitely put his soul into this song, so we'd love to see the kinds of stuff you guys throw into the mix. Thoughts, ideas, questions, comments, video links to your own version of Europa - post them all below!

Santana is awesome - thanks so mych for this great lesson! Really nicely done.

Yay!!!!! That is my all time favorite song on the ukulele. I love Herb Ohta Jr.'s version, Brittni Paiva's version, and the K Town Heroes version. It is also my Mom's favorite song so it will be great to learn to play for her. Thanks guys, I can't wait to start learning how to play it...

this is fantastic! It's the first instrumental that I think I'm able to learn. I could get it from the lesson very quick, but now have to learn it really^^

great job on that!

Dm makes me feel sad... lol

Not sure if I want to watch it or not... been working on Ohta Jr. version for a long while :)

Did I miss something? What happened to #25?

Excellent lesson, even for a beginner like me! I love the way the song is broken down.

Though one of the dots on the timeline is new, some Hijacker - Cheryl2x has put a wonderful link for us if we're interested in selling cheap gold on the internet! I wish we could hunt down internet spammers like the vermin they are! :rolleyes:

Though one of the dots on the timeline is new, some Hijacker - Cheryl2x has put a wonderful link for us if we're interested in selling cheap gold on the internet! I wish we could hunt down internet spammers like the vermin they are! :rolleyes:

Woah, I didn't even see that! Target acquired, message destroyed.

Chord Pattern

I was having some trouble going from C7 to F and then Am and Dm. I understood the pattern for Gm and C7; it seemed to be the entire strumming pattenr, but when it came to F and the chords after I seemed to get lost.
I'm sorry if I'm not getting through, I'm not sure if I have all the proper terminology ( I have only been playing for a couple months). If you can't explain or if it's too difficult to explain that's fine, I think I can get it if I watch the tutorial enough.
Thanks!

Been working on this song for the last 3 days. I think I have it down for the most part and I am proud to say this is the first finger-picking song I can play from beginning to end!

Here is my shortened version...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLAudeoQlyk

Thanks Aldrine and crew for this wonderful lesson!

I was having some trouble going from C7 to F and then Am and Dm. I understood the pattern for Gm and C7; it seemed to be the entire strumming pattenr, but when it came to F and the chords after I seemed to get lost.
I'm sorry if I'm not getting through, I'm not sure if I have all the proper terminology ( I have only been playing for a couple months). If you can't explain or if it's too difficult to explain that's fine, I think I can get it if I watch the tutorial enough.
Thanks!

hey roberto!
that tripped me up in the beginning too. the gm and the c7 are the full strum pattern dux uudxud then the f and the am are just duxudu and then dm is the full pattern. same thing for the second set of chords. the gm and a7 are the full strum pattern and then dm and a7 are the shortened duxudu followed by the full pattern of dm but its just muted so the chord doesnt ring out for that last pattern.

good luck!

I made a tab of the lesson for a visual aid for those who want it.
Link

Top Bottom