Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kangatheroo7's Disney Uke Contest (That's right, another one!)

Default Kangatheroo7's Disney Uke Contest (That's right, another one!)

Hey Folks. Here's my contest!

Rules
    1) Must feature the ukulele
    2) Must be a song from a Disney movie (animated or not)
    3) One entry per person
    4) "Kangatheroo7's Disney Uke Contest" should be in either the title, or mentioned at the beginning of the video, or both.
    5) The only way to enter the contest is by posting a video response to this video no later than February 28th at Midnight EST before March 1st.

Judging
    1) Looking for creativity (your unique approach to the song)
    2) You don't have to be a virtuoso, but you do have to look like you're having a good time!
    3) Extra points for making me laugh.

Prize
    1st place: 2 tickets to Disneyworld!!!! (or Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, or Hong Kong Disney, sorry, no Tokyo)
    2nd place: The comfort and satisfaction of knowing you were second (or I might be able to dig up a couple disney pins for you)

Winners will be posted/notified within a week of the close of the contest.

I can't wait to see what you all come up with. Let the Magic begin!!

I love it! I've got to work on this.

Me too! Sounds like fun!!!

Aachen, Germany (As exciting as an empty parking-lot!)

I'm in! Thanks for hosting this.
    I only know one Disney song so far, and I have a good reason now to learn how to play another!
    "Nine of ten voices in my head are telling me I'm insane. One is humming a Bruddha Iz tune."
    "You better learn to love the rain, because it could be raining for a while." (Buzz Aldrin's shrink)

Mugambismonkey: Ukulele Originals
    Mugambisuke: Ukulele Covers

I guess I'm in! The first entry too... I'm worried that somebody is cooking up something big, but please enjoy my modest effort while they finish their epics.
    Good luck everyone!
    Bill

Awww man... I had an idea, but it was from a Disney ride... then I re-read the rules and relized it needed to be a movie... back to the drawing board.

www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You, my darling, are batpoo insane. -- Yewie You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

Quote Originally Posted by Mim View Post
    Awww man... I had an idea, but it was from a Disney ride... then I re-read the rules and relized it needed to be a movie... back to the drawing board.
    It's a small world?

Click the picture for my youtube channel
    Click here to facebook me

I'll make exceptions for Disney rides too. Great idea! It goes along with the theme certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyswithladders View Post
    It's a small world?
    NO WAY!!!! I mean... no disrespect to Small World or anything... but I have about 3 other options up my sleeve... now to narrow it down! My husband laughs at me because when we last went to Disney I knew even the most random of Disney ride songs. I have a tendency to catch on to random songs. I have found my son has the same wierd "gift". I caught him singing "You make me feel like a natural woman" after only hearing the song once. I even know random old Epcot songs like "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit" , "Listen to the Land", and "Tomorrow's Child"... it is a curse!

"Momma don't whoop little Beauford... Mama don't pound on his head..."

www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You, my darling, are batpoo insane. -- Yewie You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

I mean... no disrespect to Small World or anything...
    Ah, poor, oft-maligned "It's a Small World." :-(

I used to hate it. Annoying catchy. They play it overandoverandoverandover on the ride.

Then I paid real close attention to the lyrics. They're wonderful.

Now I love the song. :-)

(And the ride itself is pretty awesome too. Kids from all different places and cultures, all singing the same song. Then, by the end of the ride, they're all playing together. What a great message to send. Awww... maybe I'm just an old softy...)

JJ
    "Talent is just a pursued interest. In other words, anything you are willing to practice, you can do." -- Bob Ross

Thread Information