I like Goth chicks...but they don't like me :(

The title says it all.

I was flirting with a Goth chick on myspace and she was mean to me. Now I'm sad. Why are Goth chicks mean too me?

:anyone:

Try finding a nice Rockabilly Girl...

Wait. I thought the Goths died out in the early '00s, and the surviving generation just turned into Second Wave Emo Kids.

Do Goths still exist? And where can I find them?! I miss them! They didn't whine so much, just grumbled about death and how much things suck and howled into microphones about dark ravens and stuff.

Was she Visigoth or Ostrogoth? I believe Visigoths are meaner.

Wait. I thought the Goths died out in the early '00s, and the surviving generation just turned into Second Wave Emo Kids.

Do Goths still exist? And where can I find them?! I miss them! They didn't whine so much, just grumbled about death and how much things suck and howled into microphones about dark ravens and stuff.

I second this. Goths were my generation. Now it's just emo posers.

Annoy a real Goth by taking an Emily Dickinson poem and putting it to the tune of Yellow Rose of Texas: "Because I could not stop for death, he kindly stopped for meeeee..."

I second trying to find a nice tatted rockabilly chic. Any good tattoo studios in your area?

I live in South Dakota, so we seem to lag a few years behind everyone else. Mostly people here swing towards gangsta/street racer punks, or billy badass biker wannabees.

Was she Visigoth or Ostrogoth? I believe Visigoths are meaner.

I'm not sure the difference. She was dressed goth looking in most of her pictures, so I'm assuming she was, or is still trying to be that way.

I second this. Goths were my generation. Now it's just emo posers.

Annoy a real Goth by taking an Emily Dickinson poem and putting it to the tune of Yellow Rose of Texas: "Because I could not stop for death, he kindly stopped for meeeee..."

I second trying to find a nice tatted rockabilly chic. Any good tattoo studios in your area?

Well, I'm 37, she claims to be 33. But I think a lot of "modern" Goths act more like the brooding Emos depicted in the South Park Episodes anyways. I love the rockabilly look and style (specially the ladies), but I don't think there are a lot of people here that are into that style. Most of the women that hang out at the tattoo studios in my city are standard Harley Davidson bikers. I'm not into the Harley women though.

Last edited:
Truth be told... The goths I grew up with were some of the nicest people I knew...

I admit, I guffawed at the Ostrogoth/Visigoth joke. Back in high school, I used to rant about the "true" Germanic tribe Goths and how the subculture totally perverted the conception of Goths.

...Yeah. I was the kid everybody wanted to punch in the face. (I'm actually really surprised why I never got into any fistfights. It is mindboggling.)

I admit, I guffawed at the Ostrogoth/Visigoth joke. Back in high school, I used to rant about the "true" Germanic tribe Goths and how the subculture totally perverted the conception of Goths.

...Yeah. I was the kid everybody wanted to punch in the face. (I'm actually really surprised why I never got into any fistfights. It is mindboggling.)

You would have totally fit in our AP US History class. That was back in 199..mumble, but the teacher STILL says we were the funniest group she ever had. True, it was US history but we were history geeks in general. If you grok history "funny cuz it's true" jokes, search the torrent sites (because it's not for sale anywhere) for the Mark Steel Lectures tv series. He did 3 of them, and they are hilarious.

Top Bottom