How Many Ukes?

Select the answer that BEST describes you.

• I own 1 uke

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I own 2-5 ukes

Votes: 70 47.9%
  • I own 3-10 ukes

Votes: 43 29.5%
  • I have over 10 ukes

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • I don't have any ukes....yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I currently have 3 and 3 on order. I started with a concert Pono, then added a soprano Pono, then decided to get a tenor, and upgraded to a ko'olau. You know where this is going, right? I have a ko'olau baritone ordered, which will give me the four basic sizes, and I also ordered ko'olau soprano and concert, which will result in my having excellent ukes(ko'olau) in each of the 4 sizes, plus pretty darn good(pono) soprano and concert ukes for travel, etc. What you can guess is that I have fallen hard for this wonderful hobby, but what you should also know is that I plan to retire from the postal service this summer, shortly after completing my collection.

Right now, I practice on my best uke (ko'olau T-1) every day, and I alternate the soprano and concert, so I take 2 ukes out of their cases each day. When the others arrive, I will figure out my favorite and play it every day, while alternating the others. On weekends, I plan to take them all out and play as the spirit moves me (that's what I do now with the 3 I have). This looks like way TMI, but I was thinking, based on what I have read here, someone may actually be interested!

I have 3.
1. 1930-ish Avalon Banjo Ukulele
2. Luna Concert (dolphin) acoustic/electric
3. Ohana CK-75CG

Someday I would like: Mele concert pineapple.

I hope that would cover all of the different types of sounds I would like..... maybe.

I have 3...pono pkt-2 pono ptm and a kamaka hf-2...I just recently bought the kamaka so i been playing it alot more than the others...I can't help it..I just love the size and sound of it..I ve owned probably 12 ukes over the past few years but have either sold them or given them to people hoping to spread uke aloha...I'm pretty sure after buying the kamaka my uas days are over.

Four, as listed below.

There have been two others, a Lanakai concert and an Ohana baritone, I've given as gifts.
Loved that Ohana! Great tone.
Both went to good homes.

I voted in the "2-5" category, since thats the current count.

Last edited:
Yesterday I said two. Then I said "make that three" when Christmas came late yesterday afternoon and I ordered a banjolele.

Um, well (shuffling feet and looking at the floor), honestly, I only went to the music shop this morning for a set of strings. It was a different shop a long way from here. Never been there before. Didn't know what I was walking into. It was a trap, I say. A trap. So better make that four on account of the Makala Dolphin that forced its way into the car and insisted on coming home with me.

Does it make it sound less like UAS if I explain that my first uke was a $20 Mahalo which got me hooked so was kind of replaced by the Flea a few weeks later. Then the banjolele - well - they're completely different aren't they? And the Dolphin? I was thinking of stringing it Low G so it will have a completely different sound too. So that settles that and I won't be needing any more.

flea_bitten

I have five, an Ohana CK-25 factory second, a KoAloha concert factory second (slight sag in the finish on the neck, otherwise it's 100%), and three cigar box ukes I've built in the last three months. I have two sets of sides I've bent and glued up, so it won't be too long before I have seven. To be honest, since I built my first uke, I've not played either of my store bought. I'm going to keep the KoAloha, but I think I smell a contest coming on for the Ohana...!

I plan on only owning 2 sopranos. That's all I need.

A Kala 15-S and a Mango Flea (on the way).

Last edited:
Just the one for me at the moment. I'm sure there will be another at some point but right now one is enough for me.

Top Bottom