Hello from beautiful Flint, Michigan...

KvnO

Reaction score
Really though, it's not beautiful at all. In fact, it's a bit depressing.

After stumbling upon some videos on YouTube (and more recently, this site), I took an interest in the ukulele. I considered learning guitar for a while (as we have one lying around the house that hasn't been touched in years), but once I started looking into ukes, I couldn't resist picking one up (plus the guitar will always be around if I change my mind).

So, last night (or early this morning, at 1:30 am), after a week or two of research, I ordered a Kala KA-TG from MGM on eBay. I'm actually excited, which is kind of new for me (not that I'm depressed, things just don't really move me much anymore...), and can't wait for it to arrive.

That being said, I'm looking for some recommendations for learning. I know of many online resources, and I'm sure I'll use them, but can anyone recommend a book or two to get me started as well (or maybe a DVD)? Any help in that area would be appreciated.

I've been fortunate enough to be a member of many quality forums relating to my interests and I think this one ranks among the best. The quality of posts and people (so far) seem to be great and I can't wait to start contributing and learning from and with all of you.

Thanks a lot,

Kevin O.

Welcome to the Underground Kevin.

Another cold place, aloha and welcome to UU. Stay warm and keep playing.

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to UU. I just started in october and I know what you mean about being excited about it's arival. Try this site for now

http://www.ukulele-tabs.com/ukulele-chords-chart.html

This links brings you right to the menu giving a complete list all UKu chords. Plus it has probably thousands of somgs chords lists as well. As for books, I like books by Mel Bay but I spend more time prining chord lists off the internet and playing from them. Good luck.

Welcome to UU. What is the old uke you have laying around? Could be something fun and playable......

Thanks for the welcome, guys, as well as the resources.

I don't have an old uke though, Ryan. It's an old guitar.

Ahh, yes....must read more closely! I get all jacked up thinking of old ukulele's making an appearance! Hope you have as much fun as the rest of us!

Top Bottom