Some friendly info for Eleuke fans (portable amp)

kissing

Reaction score
I love Electric ukuleles.
For the longest time, I've been in denial. I kept saying to myself... acoustic ukes are the way to go.
But looking back at my history of UAS, the ukuleles that seem to stay are the electric ones. Also, they seem to be rising in popularity here, with the new Eleuke models with better quality control and cheaper prices.

But solid body electric ukes won't make any sound without an amp.
You're outside, carrying your Eleuke and someone eagerly wants to listen... but alas! You can't really hear much playing an Eleuke acoustically.

Well a very useful tool that I ran into is the Amp u Plug n Play.
It's a small 9V battery-powered amp that plugs straight into your instrument without the need for cables.
It makes the Eleuke much more versatile if you carry it around in the gigbag.

I used one on my trip to Cambodia (and gave it to someone there). They have a new model out with a switch between clean and overdrive for 2010. Check it out!

It works very well with my Bugsgear Eleuke, and it also helped my Mahalo Les Paul.
Didn't work too well with acoustic electrics with active Shadow nanoflex pickup though (Kala). I wonder how it would sound with a Risa Uke-stick, as they don't have tone/volume controls.

http://www.ampuplugnplay.com/index.html
I just ordered one of the new models.

Video (of older model)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-GPNR0eZoM

disclaimer: I hope this doesn't come across as advertising. I'm not associated with the company in any way. Just wanted to share this, as I have found it very useful.

Last edited:
That looks really cool!

I have my amp that is similar from my Epiphone backpack guitar. For some reason it was not working the other day. I need to trouble shoot (it may have been a bum chord I had). But I agree... they are small and very lightweight!

I just got my new Mahogany tenor Eleuke. I think I will really like it. I had already purchased the ampuplugnplay. Well, I plugged it into the Eleuke and it won't work. Any suggestions? Thanks

Top Bottom