Ukulele Tunes for little ears contest

dude, I used to work in the children's department... I'm going to rock this contest XD ... if I get around to playing something, haha.

Old Crow

Five little children
Sitting in a room
Watch for old crow
He'll be round soon
Keep the curtains closed
Don't open that door
Or five little children
Will soon be four

Don't say I didn't warn you
Don't say I left you out
The old crow will getcha
If you don't watch out

Four little children
Sitting in a kitchen
Won't mind nothing
And just won't listen
Two get up to leave
And one follows, too
Think about old crow
Coming after you

One little child
Lost her golden toy
So much sadness
Out of so much joy
Hide those shiny things
Lock them in your chest
Old crow will steal them
To use in his nest

Chords: F Bb C

Whew! Lot of work but my kids love it. Hope you like it as well.

I put “Dh” in the spots where you are to hammer on the third fret “E” string. Also 0200 where indicated.

“Hey Little Fish”
Dh G D
Hey little fish in your liquid world.
Dh 0200 A
Have you ever wished you were a little girl?
Dh G D
I watch you swim around in your mini sea.
Dh 0200 A
I know sometimes I wish that I could be.

Em7 C Em7 C
I'd love to be like you swimmin round and round.
D A7 G A7
Do your little bubbles make a tiny sound?

Dh G D
Dh 0200 A
Dh G D
Dh 0200 A

Em7 C Em7 C
Your not like a puppy who could get some fleas.
D A7 G A7
You stay nice clean, really it's a breeze.

Dh G D
Dh 0200 A
Dh G D
Dh 0200 A

Em7 C Em7 C
You can have lot's of babies who will always stay.
D A7 G A7
Not like little kittens who are given away.

Dh G D
Dh 0200 A
Dh G D
Dh 0200 A

Em7 C Em7 C
Okay that's it, I'm commin' in.
D A7 G A7
Slip me some fin, why aren't you smilin'.

Dh G D
Hey little fish in your liquid world.....
D C A7 D
April Jane Tolin, you get outta that tank right now!
Pick “A” Pick “E”
Awww, Mom!

Wow! Am I ever in the stone age when it comes to computers. I've posted a nice grainy video with audio/video out of synch in the YouTube thread...don't see it up there yet, but in case I did that wrong too, here's a link to it...

You Are Loved

I couldn't figure out how to put the chords/lyrics in the side bar, so they're in the drop down box below the video.

Hi all first of all let me apologise, from the time of opening this cointest i was offered a new job and had to emigrate back to the UK. it has been chaos and i have been offline for some time hence i havent contributed. i will not have internet at home for at least another two weeks becasue i live in an area where there is no fibre optic and i have to pay to have it installed. becasue of this and becasue i am absolutely loving the entries i will have to extend the closing date to june 14th 2010. my apologies and good luck

Hello folks.

Once again let me apologise for not being able to wrap up this contest sooner. The move and new job and everything has really been burning up my free time and to be honest i have had more important things to think about than this.

I has this great plan to film the reactions of all the kids to all the videos and to do a montage kind of thing so you could see it..... this has proved to be both a logistical nightmare and a test of my patience and love of my, and my friends and relatives, children. little monsters/angels that they are. so that one is still on the drawing board i'm afraid.

As to the website, well i have done some work on making it but right now i am working a 60 hour week so it will also have to stay on the board until the summer peak has passed and i get a chance to do it justice. At that time i will come back and include all the entries and will invite everyone to also do popular kids tunes so we can make it really a great useful resource for parents kids and lovers of all things ukulele.

ok, so the moment of truth. first let me say that personally i appreciated something in all the entries, not least the time and effort that so many of you obviously put into them. in the end though the choice was not mine to make. I was quite surprised that the winner was so strongly favoured by all the kids, except the youngest who honestly didn't give a monkeys. I thought that the kids would go for the puppets and the animation and stuff but in the end they went for good old fashioned catchy kids songwriting. just to let you know, my kids now nag me to play and sing this to them, so thank you very much indeed!

So without further ado I give you the winner.....

Bashful Puppet.

and his most excellent creation

Five Little Puppy Dogs

( the kids weren't that bothered by the dinosaurs..go figure)

You sir may now claim your prize. please PM me with the details of the recipient, (name, address and e mail) please and specify your choice of colour for the most excellent Makala Dolphin. once received i will act immediately to have MGM dispatch your reward.

Many many thanks to everyone and well done all of you for giving it a go.

Congrats to Bashful Puppet!

Woo Hoo - Now I can teach my kids how to play with out having to constantly trade back and forth. Honestly when I saw the vids with the puppets and my kids reaction to them I thought I ought to have put a little more effort in the videogaphy. Everybody did a great job. Good luck with your children's song web sight. Let us know when it launches.

Top Bottom