Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New UU member. Cheers from Oregon!

Default New UU member. Cheers from Oregon!

Hi, my name is Sean. I'm really looking forward to becoming a part of the community here. A little about myself:

My wife bought me a uke in Hawaii on our first anniversary. I didn't touch it in years! Now I'm hooked! I stumbled on a ukulele tutorial by "Ukulele Mike" on Youtube and from then on I couldn't let a day go by without playing. Shortly thereafter I became inspired by Todd Baio, another Youtube find. There's no going back now. Though still a novice (playing for about eight months now) I really feel I've finally found my musical voice in the ukulele.

welcome to the underground, sean.
    - One love...
    lonsilog.blogspot.com

Aloha, welcome to UU. Lot's of great lessons here that will keep interest going.

Hey Sean, welcome from another Oregonian! Seems like there are quite a few Pacific Northwesterners around here. Whereabouts in Oregon are you from? And what's your uke?
    -Josh
    (twitter)

Ukes: Mainland concert mahogany w/slotted headstock and Mi-Si; Fluke tenor (mango); Kamaka vintage Gold Label pineapple (restored); Applause UAE20 Acoustic-Electric Deluxe Mini Ukulele, Adamas Red
    Guitars: 1991 Fender Strat Ultra (sunburst), Ibanez acoustic, Yamaha classical 3/4

Hello Sean, Welcome to UU!
    About
    &
    My Papa Dave (Tube)

You don't have to be any good to have fun.

Aloha Sean

Welcome to the Underground from across the river.
    Live Aloha
    ------------------------

------------------------

cool, another oregonian! youtube can teach you just about anything these days from ukulele to surgery.

Welcome to UU! Now it's time to start buying more Ukuleles!
    -Brian

Kala Flamed Maple Long Neck Soprano

Hey Josh. From your name I must assume you're from Portland. I am too. I've been here for two years now and have found a great ukulele community here. I've been to a PUA get together as well as some of the ukulele classes at Artichoke Music. I've also gone to some of the Portland Casual Jams sessions. I'm still a novice on the uke but I play a little everyday. I have a soprano made by Mahalo. Can't wait to get a good tenor!

Thanks everybody! Can't wait to really get involved. It is time to start buying more ukuleles! I'd love to get a nice tenor one of these days. Any other Portland, OR area UU members ever want to get together and play I'm up for it!

Sean

Thread Information