F.a.q.

When I upload a photo from my computer, it shows as a thumbnail in my post and has to be clicked to see the full size, but I see many posts where the photo is full size and doesn't need to be clicked. How do I upload so the photo shows full size?

Last edited:
Here's a test using a URL to my web site. One thing I ran into, if the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box is checked, I keep getting a "File too large" message, no check in the box allows the link.

u4OscarSchmidt.jpg

Last edited:
How to post pictures/videos/links thread.

Welcome.

I got this idea from the thread where Poi Dog reccomended we should start a thread that can be more helpful. Well, I'd love to contribute in this, considering we have tons of newcomers wanting to present their very own beauty. Wether its their ukes, singing, guitars, etc.

I will try to break down steps and instructions as clearly as I can. Any additions to this can be made by you guys if needed. But for now, I'll show you some basics.

HOW TO UPLOAD PICTURES/MOVIES [FROM YOUR DIGITAL CAMERA TO COMP]:
This will allow you to store your pictures straight to your computer/laptop.

• Plug in your digital camera using your USB cord that comes w/ the camera. This will allow you to connect your device.
  • It will then ask you if you'd like to Copy files into a folder using a Camera Wizard. You should click OK
  • From there, select which pictures and/or movies you'd like to transfer, then proceed.
  • Select a folder to transfer the file(s) to, then proceed. (Make sure you remember which folder it was)
  • It will then load for a few seconds/minutes, then you are finished. Open the folder that it is in!

HOW TO UPLOAD PICTURES TO AN ONLINE HOSTING WEBSITE:
This will allow you to upload your stored pictures from your computer to an online website such as photobucket. You can create free private photo albums by registering. You can then share photos and videos!

• If you haven't already, visit www.photobucket.com and register. This is the best online image hosting website I've ever encountered. Simple, quick, and easy.
  • Now that you are a member, it will ask if you'd like to create an album and add pictures and/or videos.
  • Create a photo album. Once that is done, you can upload pictures straight to that album from your computer.
  • To upload photos, there is a button that asks to 'Choose Files'. Click and browse through your folders for your desired pictures. (You can select multiple photos by holding Shift + arrow keys). Select OK.
  • It will then automatically upload for you. While it should only take a few seconds per picture, they will be automatically stored.

HOW TO LINK YOUR PHOTOS FROM THE HOSTING SITE:
This will allow you use the links provided from your image website. You can use those links and post them on forums, websites, etc.

• Most image sites like photobucket give you a variety of links for each image you have uploaded to your album(s).
  • In photobucket, there are;
    - Email & IM link
    - Direct link
    - HTML code
    - IMG code
  • The Direct link is the main link of the photo. Use this for people to enter in their address bar to view your picture.
  • The HTML code is an embded code so that you can insert this for your website (Myspace, Zanga, Blogs, etc).
  • The IMG code is what you'd use for forums such as here. All you do is copy the code, paste it into a post and there ya have it.

HOW TO UPLOAD MOVIES ON YOUTUBE:
This will allow you to upload your movie files on to a video sharing website; and there is nothing more popular and more efficient than YOUTUBE!

• Like photobucket, if you haven't, register and sign up at www.youtube.com
  • Once you are done, there is a yellow button to the right that says 'Upload'.
  • Step 1 of the process will be to create your title, description, info, etc of the movie file.
  • Step 2 would be to browse the movie in your computer. Like photobucket, choose a file. Not a picture, but a movie file. It has to be under 1024 mb and under 10 minutes. And also, one movie at a time.
  • It will then upload. It will take a couple of minutes depending on how long your file is
  • Once it has uploaded, you can go to 'My Videos' and view it.
  • But not yet! It will actually process first, making sure there aren't anything from breaking the rules, etc.
  • Once it has done that, you can view your clip. The direct link of the movie clip and the embded code will be to your right of the movie near the description box.
  • And there you have it! Broadcast yourself and share your videos!

For those that have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I just want to help out those who need this. If you guys want to add anything else, feel free to do so. I'm doing this for UU so this is for all of you.

Enjoy! Hopefully that wasn't too complicating.

Every time I try to post pics, I get a message that the file is too large. please help! I'm very frustrated.

Every time I try to post pics, I get a message that the file is too large. please help! I'm very frustrated.
Probably the easiest way to handle it is with a site like https://www.shrinkpictures.com/ - upload your picture, select the size and quality you want, then run it and download the output. You can use software on a home PC to do it too, but I don’t know enough about the individual programs to tell you how to go about it.

I don't have a smart phone so I use a digital camera and a desktop PC. I reduce the size of the photo (having first cropped it, if necessary) using a program called 'Paint'. Make the jpeg less than 1kb and use the "attach files" facility (below). Couldn't be much easier.

I don't have a smart phone so I use a digital camera and a desktop PC. I reduce the size of the photo (having first cropped it, if necessary) using a program called 'Paint'. Make the jpeg less than 1kb and use the "attach files" facility (below). Couldn't be much easier.
Less than 1 MB is enough, which is what I assume you meant anyway. Anything above that will get you an error on this forum.

Top Bottom