Roland Micro Cube problemo....

gotrice415510

Reaction score
so i literally just bought a roland micro cube today and its Acoustic, JC Clean, and Black Panel settings are giving no signals. Is it like this with any of u guys are and ur ukes? im gonna try it out wit my friends tele guitar later this week to see if its just my uke and not the amp.

any suggestions into the problem?

weird... i have one that works great. where did you but it? i got mine at tom lee music canada, and they have a good return policy.

I get a good sound from my ukes on any setting, including the ones you mentioned.
In fact, JC Clean and Black Panel are the ones I use most often, since they're clean.

What ukulele with what pickup are you using?
It may be that the output of your uke is not strong enough for those cleaner channels.
I found this to be the case with some ukes with cheap passive pickups. High quality passive pickups generally have a strong output thouugh.
Or perhaps if you're using an active pickup, you're out of battery?

Does turning up the Gain knob on the amp help?

Does turning up the Gain knob on the amp help?

I was going to suggest the same thing, the signals aren't that strong on mine for the same three settings, but once the gain goes up, they get a lot better

literally no sound, no feedback, no static, nothing. Its a lanikai with a shadow pickup. My battery for the pickup is brand new but i dont have the battery casing so i surrouned the outerside of the battery with a twisty tieand its holding it in there just as good as its would with the actual casing.

Im afraid its gotta be just a bad amp. Ive tried everything and yes turning up the gain was the first thing i tried. Any other suggestions?

-thnks

Last edited:
It might be a bad amp, but you would have to check if other instruments work on it or not.

Other thoughts:
-Volume knob of pickup turned down
-Your pickup doesn't work
-Amp not turned on
-Dodgey cable

Last edited:
On the subject of amps I have got an Eleuke Pineapple coming my way and it has been suggested here a number of times that the Roland Micro cube is good to partner with this. I was chatting to the fella from the shop where the uke is coming from and he recommended the Ibanez Troupadore as a good option. Any one got any feedback, comments or thoughts on the subject? Thanks, Ross

It might be a bad amp, but you would have to check if other instruments work on it or not.

Other thoughts:
-Volume knob of pickup turned down
-Your pickup doesn't work
-Amp not turned on
-Dodgey cable

the things is, it works fine with the other three amp models, gonna exchange it

the thing is, the other three amp models, Brit Combo, Classic Stack and R-fier have a higher output than the three that aren't working.
It's possible that your pickup has a very weak output, only detectable on the higher-amplification models.

But of course, I'm just being very hypthetical. If changing the amp works, I wish you all the best!

the things is, it works fine with the other three amp models, gonna exchange it

That doesn't tell you much. Take it one thing at a time. Try another instrument first. Then swap cables. Then your battery (even if you think it's fresh). After that, I'd try a pre-amp and see if that boosts the output.

My guess is that your uke isn't throwing enough signal for some reason. Although it could be anything. Just take your time and go through basic troubleshooting steps.

Take your uke with you when you go to the store and see if it works on the demo model.
I use my micro cube with my active pickup no issue. I have found I like the "mic" model, it is very clean sounds like a uke and I can keep the gain and volume levels much lower.

I have found I like the "mic" model, it is very clean sounds like a uke and I can keep the gain and volume levels much lower.

Wow, thanks for that tip.
I never used the Mic one before. Now that I tried, it's become my favourite for ukes!
Such a clean, open and natural sound :D

I bought one today, the cool white model. Haven't had a chance to use it yet as I'm waiting for my Eleuke Pineapple to come my way. Do you generally need to purchase many leads, cables and the like? Do regular head phone attach into these amps or ukes? Is it possible to get a metronome function out if the amp?

You only need one cable to link the Eleuke's 1/4 jack to the amp's Input.

There is a hole for regular headphones (1/8 jack) on the Eleuke.

The Roland Microcube has an 1/4 jack for headphone/recording output.
You can use a normal headphone if you have one of those adapters that make a 1/8 inch into a 1/4 inch jack.

Top Bottom