Aloha from....well it doesn't matter anyways, YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF IT! lol

gallimander

Reaction score
Yuba City, California by way of San Diego
Hello all UUers!
I'm coming from (get a map lol) Wheatland, California. They call it wheatland because it's a small redneck town fitting the picture of a Kansas farm scene more than a "drive-thru" town near the state capitol. All in all though, i've found it to be a pretty easy place to live (moved here in March of 08)

Originally born in Texas, Raised in the breezy, and chillest city in the lower 48 states, San Diego, Ca.

I've always loved calm, acoustic sounding music and learning to play it has always been a goal of mine. I'm happy to say that i started that goal a few weeks back and it's no stretch to say that i'm completely addicted. As a high-school senior, i suprisingly have found myself with a lot of spare time. I didn't have a sport going on and had nothing to do but sit at home after school for several hours and miss my beautiful girlfriend (back in SD).

So, i have picked up the uke so that my mind has something to focus on other than missing her and being pessimistic lol. It's by no means a pity thing, but more along the lines of a creative outlet that allows me to mentally focus and physically practice something new that i will always be able to grow with and that has been a procrastinated goal of mine for a long time.

In the approx. 3 weeks i've been playing, i know a good number of chords and strum patterns, and i can fluently play "Tonight You Belong to Me" (from The Jerk), along with several Jack Johnson songs, a few Beatles tunes and a little mix from NeverShoutNever with other songs that i stutter through as i'm still learning.
in all honesty, picking up the uke is one of the most productive and enjoyable decisions i've made in my young life, and i'm excited to see where the future takes me with this instrument and i look forward to all correspondence with my new UU family.
Mahalo,
~gallimander

Welcome to the Underground. I replied to your other post, but anyways. I'm very familiar with Wheatland as well as the YC/Marysville area being stationed at BAFB. I have some very good friend residing in the area. The maintenance folk or anyone for that matter, associated with the Blackbirds (U-2 & SR-71) have an annual picnic at Sam Brennan Park in YC. Glad to have you here and hope you find a lot things to your satisfaction. BTW, Sheridan is more of a drive thru.

Aloha and welcome to the underground, glad you are here.

Aloha, Sacramento here, welcome to UU.

Hello Gallimander,

Welcome to the underground. Sounds like your well on your way!

Sheridan is more of a drive thru.

hahaha i completely agree lol. a gas station with a stop light lol
very cool, as you probably know, a huge number of kids out here are AF kids from beale. Very cool to have that connection. The uke spreads farther than i ever would've thought.
nice to have a fellow 916er (i'm 530, but who's keeping score right?lol)

so i take it you're AF? (I know some army guys on Beale)

Top Bottom