Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help wanted for Tenor Mold or Mould

Default Help wanted for Tenor Mold or Mould

I'm making a mould (Uk spelling)..it's for a Tenor uke based on a Kamaka size Tenor...I've taken the dimensions from Photo's on the web..and I've scaled it up as near as I can using the 17" scale length of the uke..I've drawn it out on a piece of MDF and put in the dimensions..I just want a couple of Kamaka tenor owners to check out my dim's against theirs and tell me how far out I am...Thanks in advance...here is a pic of the drawing.
    Last edited by Timbuck; 03-02-2010 at 09:04 AM.

I don't have a kamaka tenor to compare your dimensions with but the length looks tenor while the width seems baritone. Whatever you decide to build just make sure it fits a case you can easily get your hands on.
    Chuck Moore
    Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    http://www.moorebettahukes.com

I never thought of that ..Good point...I once had a Kamaka tenor here, but I never took the measuments off it..but I did notice it was very close to the Laniki tenor size.

Ken
    PM me with your home address and I'll send ou mine. It's the least I can do....

Thanks for that Pete..I'll consider it ... Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:28 pm by Timbuck
    I've just realised!!!.....I now have a new wide screen monitor..That explains the squat look. ...back to the drawing board I suppose..... all horizontal measurments still appreciated tho'.

Ken - it will be in the post today (I've found your address) because I know where you are coming from and if you want the classic Kamaka shape (the one which I base my standard tenor on) it is unlike the martin which is formed on connecting arcs - it's a much free-er form...

Thanks Pete ....I'll look forward to that

Done and on its way

With the Help of Pete, I've finally got this Tenor Mould on the way to completion..it's a bit of a mixture of Petes shape..Kamaka's...and some of my own..It's just about what I had in mind and now I'm happy with it.
    Last edited by Timbuck; 03-06-2010 at 12:25 AM.

Nice shape Ken. Are you getting enquiries for tenors now? Completely different build to a soprano you know more to go wrong and get right. It's a little bit beyond building light I'd say.

Thread Information