Melissa's husband, she forced me to join...;)

Pyroknoppix

Reaction score
Hey everyone:D I’m currently deployed in Afghanistan. Besides the occasional mortar attack it’s pretty boring here. I just go to work every day and go to sleep when I get off. I’ve already watched every movie I brought here and started exchanging .AVI movies like pokemon cards with other soldiers (I’ll trade you Old School for Boondock Saints II) lol. Even that is getting old. I talked Melissa into buying me a beginners guitar so that I can learn while I’m here. I’ve always wanted to play but I kept putting it off. I tried playing my sisters guitar some years ago. I have large hands and the strings were close together so it was really hard for me to play a chord without touching other strings.

So yeah, Melissa forced me to join…and even tried getting me to learn the Uke before guitar:p I’ve always been in love with the accoustic though, and I promised her I’d learn the Uke after I feel proficient enough to expand to another instrument. The only other instrument I can play is the Irish whistle. Which is one of those instruments that is easy to learn but hard to master lol. I learned to play that because I love the Violin and the whistle can play the same notes, I even learned to play the Schindlers List theme on it lol. Playing fast jigs and reels takes mastery though.

After I get back I plan on getting one of of Zager’s EZ-Play modified Martin guitars…I’ve read nothing but good things about his work.

Anyways, nice to meet everyone and I’ll cya around:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if you existed. :D:D

(that was a joke)

(but no, really...)

Welcome to UU! We've heard a lot about you. I can't really help much with guitar but drop me a PM if you ever need anything and I'll do my best to help.

Hey baby, thanks for joining. I edited your title, don't call me Mel, LOL!

Love you xoxoxo ;)

Hello Micah,
Welcome to the UU. Melissa has shared lots with us about you, and we feel we really already know you. We're so glad you decided to join us. Thank you for the work you do and get home safe. In the meantime please feel free to come say hi to all the post hoes on the Leader Board thread, that's our daily living room where we talk about everything. There you're free to vent, bitch, celebrate and share anything.
Sally

Holy sh*$, You do exist! All this time I was thinking, look out for psycho girl.
I'm just kidding! :) :)
Thanks for you for your service.
Welcome to UU!
Oh yeah, I won't tell anyone your wife forced you sign up. :biglaugh:

Welcome, Micah.

Thanks for your service. I enjoy reading your blog when you post.

Anything we can do to support you let us know.

Welcome to UU!

Holy sh*$, You do exist! All this time I was thinking, look out for psycho girl.
I'm just kidding! :) :)
Thanks for you for your service.
Welcome to UU!
Oh yeah, I won't tell anyone your wife forced you sign up. :biglaugh:

Oh I exsist, but Melissa is still psycho...

Welcome and thanks for your service, soldier.

Besides the occasional mortar attack it’s pretty boring here
Yeah pretty much sounds like life in western Minnesota. We hereby extend the magic ukulele bubble of safety around you!

Welcome, Mr. Mel.

Man, if you can play Irish Whistle you're a better man than I. I own three of those #$&#% things (bought the first one in Dublin) and I can't play any of them worth a hoot! :)

JJ

Top Bottom