Eleuke is Developing a Steel String Ukulele...What do you think?

I've got metal strings on my Kanilea tenor and on a baritone. southcoast strings sells classical metal strings. the same set is tuned to C on tenors and to Bb on baritones. Wonderful sounding strings. No electricity needed but I could and may put them on my Kala archtop. i've had them on for about a year.

I so wanted to try those, but the bead ends wouldn't hold up under the bridge plate. :(

...and he was never heard from again......:(
So, first I have to apologize for not being able to give my opinion right now (I've got a museum exhibit opening tomorrow... and other such excuses), but in the mean time, here's some fuzzy right out of the box with no clean up done yet shots. You'll see the truss rod, magnetic & piezo pickups and (I'm hoping I'm right) the volume, tone and balance knobs. I'll have some more info when some of my guys can play around with it and test everything out.
View attachment 30762View attachment 30763View attachment 30764View attachment 30765

Yeah those look great, just more than my budget allows.
I have the eleuke steel string tele style uke coming tomorrow. Finding info on these is just about impossible.
I learned after placing my order that there have been problems with these having to do with scale size and tuning to standard uke tuning.
They are being sold in several stores so I am assuming all problems have been corrected with this model. The store I ordered from knew nothing about these problems and assured me that all would be good. BTW these ukes are no longer on their (Eleuke's) web page. Tried to get info from Eleuke about these including PMing the two eleuke reps that are registered here at UU. So far no replies. (Are they hiding?)

When the uke arrives tomorrow, I will do a full and thorough review video and post it here whether positive or negative. That way folks looking to buy these ukes (they are avaialble at several online stores) will have some information to go by.

Top Bottom