ISO: koa pili koko

mrUKETOBER

Reaction score
South east louisiana.. below new orleans.. yes the
i really like these little things and i would like to have one so if anyone has one or comes across one let me know please ! ive been tryin to find one for a while

I have a concert KPK...set up by MGM.... This was a pre production demo with no decal at the head stock....... He did provide the decal for the body but was never put on.... Demos are usually the best of the production so the distributor falls in love with them and desides to carry them..... $165.00 shipped I will post pictures of it when I return from work tonight

I also have a KPK Tenor that has a crack and I'm sending it back to Hawaii for exchange (Locals Kine) I can have him ship it to you if your interested in it... It will be brand new from him so I don't haev a picture for it..... $200.00 shipped from hawaii

I don't know if you saw this in another recent thread about Cordoba ukes but MGM posted this :

"As a side note to ethics....The Koa Pili Kokos sold recently on ebay have labels which appear to be Kellii's kpk label...KC Moore who designed and started KPK line has since dropped it due to wood cracking problems....The ones sold with his labels now are not authorized and he will honor no warranty on any with his name bought from these sellers. KC specifically told me to post about this as he gets calls about problems with these ukes he is no longer selling nor authorizing anyone to use these labels"

Which is not to say that you'll have any problems, but it did seem relevant here.

And if you can swing the little extra cash, I'd wholeheartedly recommend just going ahead and getting an actual Kelii. They're really quite nice players and definitely good value for the money.

I don't know if you saw this in another recent thread about Cordoba ukes but MGM posted this :

"As a side note to ethics....The Koa Pili Kokos sold recently on ebay have labels which appear to be Kellii's kpk label...KC Moore who designed and started KPK line has since dropped it due to wood cracking problems....The ones sold with his labels now are not authorized and he will honor no warranty on any with his name bought from these sellers. KC specifically told me to post about this as he gets calls about problems with these ukes he is no longer selling nor authorizing anyone to use these labels"

Which is not to say that you'll have any problems, but it did seem relevant here.

And if you can swing the little extra cash, I'd wholeheartedly recommend just going ahead and getting an actual Kelii. They're really quite nice players and definitely good value for the money.

thanks for the info :D and thats the thing .. i dont have much cash.. i was just kinda lookin for a moderately decent solid wood uke for a cheap price and these seem to be kinda in that range.. ive never heard nor seen one in person though.

I understand where you're coming from. I just thought it good to pass on the info from the other thread.

Decent quality and a good price. Mainland is an option unless the Acacia is your deal breaker. And really the Kelii's are a super good value for a Hawaiian made instrument and really underpriced for what they are. Maybe a little more than you want to spend right now, but still worth looking at.

Ankho Honu has also spoken very highly of Emil Bader's ukes and they're beyond reasonably priced.

You may also want to check out the Melokia's from islandstyle on eBay, from what I understand they are made in the same factory in China and come in either solid acacia or mahogany. I've got a mahogany concert and am very happy with it.

I did a face to face sale with eBay seller Local.Kinez over a year ago, bought a sporano KPK and I'm completely satisfied with the transaction, seller, and especially the 'ukulele. No cracking but then again I live in year-round humid Hawai'i.

I did a face to face sale with eBay seller Local.Kinez over a year ago, bought a sporano KPK and I'm completely satisfied with the transaction, seller, and especially the 'ukulele. No cracking but then again I live in year-round humid Hawai'i.

i also live in year round humidity.. im in south east louisiana below new orleans lol our winter is 50 degrees

I have a KPK soprano. Pretty sure it one of the Kellii ones. I got it from MGM about a year and a half ago, no cracking issues so far. I am in the process of changing out the rosewood saddle and nut. I thought about selling it a while ago to fund a new uke but I think I am going to hang on to it for a little while. Hope you find a good one.

Top Bottom