Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Risa Les Paul

I needed money, and wanted an acoustic-electric that was louder acoustically in future.
    The archtop was a lovely instrument, but a bit too gentle acoustically.

I have an electric Flea on the way from MGM with B-band pickup, rosewood fretboard and peghead tuners

Anyone else feel the same way? ...
    The Les Paul shape on such a small instrument looks too "cute" to me. Of course the same could be argued about any uke, but a baby-electric-guitar somehow just looks too funny.

I don't like the SG-shaped ukes either, the Mahalo range made me cringe - but this looks lovely.
    Kamaka 8-String | KoAloha Sceptre Tenor | Compass Rose Flamed-Maple Tenor | Goldtone Tenor Banjolele | Ken Timms Soprano Martin Style-O | Bruko Flat Soprano #6 | Sco Dart Jazzbox Uke | Tiki Surf Flea | Kala Cedar & Acacia Baritone
    Website | Youtube |

I agree. In the right scale, the instruments have a neat look. The mahalo's are not good. I am only marginally happy with my LP Junior style uke BUT it was only $100. This one is over $800 US. I just think Les Paul guitars are the best but I can't play guitar (nor do I care to) so to me, the Risa Les Paul is tops.

The next line Risa needs to make is Explorers haha

Thread Information