Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas Uke Fest this weekend in San Antonio

Hi Dennis! Is there a way to be a part of SAUCE without being on FB? I would like to go to a jam or meeting. Thanks!

--Kit
    My current stable:

(Son of Snaggletooth) Romero Creations Tiny Tenor Spruce & Rosewood
    (Coco) Hanknn Koa Concert
    (Spruce Bringsteen) Burks Spruce Soprano
    (bootleg) aNueNue pineapple Concert
    (Toothless) IZ thinbody soprano w/ pickup

My dad lives near San Marcos, and I would have considered going to San Antonio Uke fest
    "If a lot of people play the ukulele, the world would be a better place to live."

Quote Originally Posted by kitsunegarcia View Post
    Hi Dennis! Is there a way to be a part of SAUCE without being on FB? I would like to go to a jam or meeting. Thanks!

--Kit
    Hey Kitsunegarcia, I'll work with you on that. Are you in the south Austin area? I met another fellow who wants to meet weekday daytimes which is best for me. You could say he and I are both retired. We texted about meeting for the first time on Monday or Tuesday to strategize forming and promoting a day uker group.

I am also willing/ interested in a weekend daytime group to gather and play but haven't put that together yet. I have a beginner's group on Sunday February 11th at 2 pm in my home. 'Twill be a small gathering of people who want help with the very basics. You could join if that's where you are, or as a mentor or to bring another beginner along.

I will PM you some information you can use to get in touch.

Cheers! Dennis
    Play uke, live long, and prosper. Coupla Kamaka Sopranos (koa and mango), Suh-weet! Concert Cocobolo, Martin concert, Pono Pro Classic tenor, Kala Elite Tenor, Monkey Wrench tenor electric, (umm, lemme see, Risa travel, Enya soprano concert & tenor, Eleuke travel, coupla Caramel Sopranino, Lanikai Sop & Bari). Man, I really need to go on a diet!

I'd love to hear of any such ukers in North Dallas area, I know nobody else here who plays, but would love to get together... I'm no veteran though, just self learning for 1,5 years, and I bet if I had taken lessons, I would be much farther. I was so excited about this festival until someone pointed out it was 7 years old. What a buzz kill.

Thread Information