EMENEE guitar?

cletus

Reaction score
I recently got an EMENEE plastic guitar, the "Western Folk" model. I figured it would be strictly for decoration,since it's been warped by the Arizona heat, but now I wonder if it might be repaired. Any info, feedback, suggestions will be appreciated. I think that they might have made ukuleles, as well.

Cheers!

Don't kill yourself restoring it. You can find them on Ebay from time to time. They sound okay, but they're toys, you know? Emenee did some ukes too - most are inferior to the Islanders, T.V. Pals and Playtime plastic ukuleles. Emenee's plastic seems to be a bit more brittle than the other makes. They made some cool looking guitars for Sears called Tiger guitars - f holes and cut-away bodies. I don't know what those sound like.

EDIT: Here's some info and pics on the "tiger" guitar. Cool looking!

EMENEE made electric toy organs, too, and I had one as a kid. Not bad at all for a toy, and it definitely helped me learn music.

But Arizona warpage sounds like it could be fatal ...

Thanks for the information and links. I'm just going to clean it up, and hang it on the wall. It's really cool looking and was only 6 bucks at Goodwill. Hmmmm.... I wonder if there is a thread for ukes found at thrift store/garage sales/etc/?

Kala Lacewood and Spruce tenor

Top Bottom