Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a heaven for cats?

Default Is there a heaven for cats?

I think so. or at least do I hope. because my cat, here name is Katze (German for cat), is gonna go there tomorrow. She's got liver cancer and didn't eat and drink in the last days. so we finally decided to release her from her pain. I can't describe my pain, though.

please, whatever you believe or not, pray for her.

thank you.

Of course there is!

A place with infinitely full saucers of milk, catnip trees, toys and a huge scratching pole. Kitty heaven is one of the best heavens
    Of course you're in my prayers

--Nut

Kala KA-SC,PonoMC-E,TenorFluke,EleukeCC100,BushmanJennyTenor,Kala Kiwi,MakaiLK-50W
    I am a tree nut, You are a tree nut, I am the Cashew, Goo goo ja joob. Read my blog here. (warning, it's all health related)

I've been in your shoes and I know how painful it is man. I think there is definitely a place where all animals go when they die. They hang out and chat and play ukuleles together. As hard as it is to put her down, the pain she is going through is probably terrible and you are doing her a big favor. I like to think that they would do the same for you. My thoughts are with you my friend and with your cat as she makes her way to kitty heaven...
    Your pal,
    ~Dustin~

Mookulele ~ Kala Travel Tenor "Kaleakani" ~ Mainland Slotted Mahogany "Paula" ~ Mainland Honeybee ~ 1960s Martin "Style 0" (family heirloom) ~ and a couple others...
    "Sometimes people try to stick labels on me, but I have kinda oily skin, so they just fall off."-SailorQwest
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -Friedrich Nietzsche
    - Facebook - Twitter - Come SUB me, baby!!!

That's sad news, Richard. I hope Katze goes peacefully. She's very cute.

How old is she?

I'm so sorry for your pain. I'm keeping you and Katze in my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaUK View Post
    That's sad news, Richard. I hope Katze goes peacefully. She's very cute.

How old is she?
    I don't even know if she's already four... how ever, she's too young.

I'm so sorry for your pain. She will definitely be in kitty heaven, and I do believe that one day you will be together again.

I know one kitty that she can play with when she gets there. My cat Waimea was only a year old when she died from an allergic reaction to a vaccine. I cried for days and even now when I read the Rainbow Bridge poem, it makes me tear up thinking about her. She has been gone for almost ten years, and I still miss her. Though I have found animal companionship in two other cats since she passed away, I know how hard it is to lose an animal that means the world to you.

In case it gives you a bit of comfort, here is "Rainbow Bridge."

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...."

Know that you gave Katze a good life, and she will be at peace.

My thoughts are with you.
    Moore Bettah Kauai Dreams undersea inlay tenor "Hui Nani"
    Moore Bettah slothead offset soundhole tenor "Kula Leo"
    KoAloha KTMS-00 "Lokomaika'i"

Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele: The story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story e-book edition

I'm very sorry. You and your cat have my prayers. It is so difficult, especially when people really don't understand the attachment.
    I think pets are from heaven and while God loves us enough to allow our lives to be enriched by them, he loves them more than we do. That's why their lives are shorter: We get to love more of them, more of them get to love us, and God doesn't have to part with them for so long. I'll give Ike an extra kitty cookie tonight on Katze's behalf.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.--Groucho Marx

SO SO Sorry to hear about your kitty Katze, deepest sympathies and condolences. Last year I had to put my cat "Waffles" down after 21 years here on Earth, he went peacefully in my arms at the vets. He had feline leukemia. I inherited him from my Dad when he passed away and Waffles was my connection with my departed Dad so was like loosing my Dad twice. I know what you must be going through and my heart is with you my friend.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum

I ʻike lākou, ʻo ʻoe, ka mea wale nō nona ka inoa ʻo IĒHOVA;
    ʻO ʻoe nō ka Mea kiʻekiʻe loa ma luna o ka honua a pau.
    Nā Halelū 83:18

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope everyone goes to the same Heaven. I want to see all of my little buddies. Bambie was my first cat, and she was by far the bestest.

You are in my thoughts.
    Purple Makala Dolphin : Mahalo Camp Uke : Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple Porthos : Lanikai O8-E Honey : Mainland Red Cedar Soprano Panties : Ohana Sopranino Short Round : Islander Soprano : Mainland Mahogany Tenor Tank Jr : Kala KM-FMB : Makai PK-55 Inspiration : Vintage Blackstone Baritone : Bluegrass Cedar top Tenor : Zebrawood Fishuku

Thread Information