Is there a heaven for cats?

HaileISela

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I think so. or at least do I hope. because my cat, here name is Katze (German for cat), is gonna go there tomorrow. She's got liver cancer and didn't eat and drink in the last days. so we finally decided to release her from her pain. I can't describe my pain, though.

please, whatever you believe or not, pray for her.

3566679511_93c7113707.jpg

4441112463_49c4450580.jpg

4441114693_eece800c75.jpg

4441895792_ef1ab43238.jpg

thank you.

Of course there is!

A place with infinitely full saucers of milk, catnip trees, toys and a huge scratching pole. Kitty heaven is one of the best heavens :)
Of course you're in my prayers

--Nut

I've been in your shoes and I know how painful it is man. I think there is definitely a place where all animals go when they die. They hang out and chat and play ukuleles together. As hard as it is to put her down, the pain she is going through is probably terrible and you are doing her a big favor. I like to think that they would do the same for you. My thoughts are with you my friend and with your cat as she makes her way to kitty heaven...

I'm so sorry for your pain. She will definitely be in kitty heaven, and I do believe that one day you will be together again.

I know one kitty that she can play with when she gets there. My cat Waimea was only a year old when she died from an allergic reaction to a vaccine. I cried for days and even now when I read the Rainbow Bridge poem, it makes me tear up thinking about her. She has been gone for almost ten years, and I still miss her. Though I have found animal companionship in two other cats since she passed away, I know how hard it is to lose an animal that means the world to you.

In case it gives you a bit of comfort, here is "Rainbow Bridge."

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...."

Know that you gave Katze a good life, and she will be at peace.

My thoughts are with you.

I'm very sorry. You and your cat have my prayers. It is so difficult, especially when people really don't understand the attachment.
I think pets are from heaven and while God loves us enough to allow our lives to be enriched by them, he loves them more than we do. That's why their lives are shorter: We get to love more of them, more of them get to love us, and God doesn't have to part with them for so long. I'll give Ike an extra kitty cookie tonight on Katze's behalf.

SO SO Sorry to hear about your kitty Katze, deepest sympathies and condolences. Last year I had to put my cat "Waffles" down after 21 years here on Earth, he went peacefully in my arms at the vets. He had feline leukemia. I inherited him from my Dad when he passed away and Waffles was my connection with my departed Dad so was like loosing my Dad twice. I know what you must be going through and my heart is with you my friend.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope everyone goes to the same Heaven. I want to see all of my little buddies. Bambie was my first cat, and she was by far the bestest.

You are in my thoughts.

My condolences. Ignavia passed early last year after being the only reliable constant in my life for 17 years. It was tough to say goodbye, but it was for the best. You think you'll be prepared since you know it's coming, but you really can't be. Take some time and do what you have to do.

I'll raise a glass to Katze tonight.

She's a beautiful cat.
It's somehow more painful (if that's possible) when they are young. We lost our cat Marmite to kidney failure and she was about the same age. I felt like we had somehow failed to protect her seeing as she was so young but it's just one of those things unfortunately.
My thoughts are with you.

I firmly believe the Lord has a place for all his creatures. He cared enough to save some during the flood with Noah. When Christ reassured us that God cares for us and knows our needs, he said that God sees every little bird that falls from the sky. Since I believe in the Lord's mercy, I know that he has a place for all his animals. Your cat will be in the Lord's hands and that's the best place to be.
Ernest

HaileISela, I hope you are coping well. I know only too well how hard it is.

Last year I had to put my cat "Waffles" down after 21 years here on Earth, he went peacefully in my arms at the vets. He had feline leukemia. I inherited him from my Dad when he passed away and Waffles was my connection with my departed Dad so was like loosing my Dad twice.
I applaud you for going thru it to the end. I have always believed in being there so they go out in the arms of someone who loved them and that they trust, rather than being held down by a stranger and being scared.

We inherited a cat that is now 18. She is in pretty good health (although a little skinny) and she gets these rambunctious moods where she runs around like crazy and jumps at the walls. She belonged to my father-in-law before he died, and she was really my mother-in-law's cat before she died, so the cat has double family connections for my husband.

She wasn't at all the cat we wanted. Another relative said, "Oh, just have her put down and get what you want." We couldn't do that. She's family, and we wanted to let her live out her golden years in style. She seems to be enjoying her "retirement" with us. :)

HaileISela, I hope you are coping well. I know only too well how hard it is.

I applaud you for going thru it to the end. I have always believed in being there so they go out in the arms of someone who loved them and that they trust, rather than being held down by a stranger and being scared.

We inherited a cat that is now 18. She is in pretty good health (although a little skinny) and she gets these rambunctious moods where she runs around like crazy and jumps at the walls. She belonged to my father-in-law before he died, and she was really my mother-in-law's cat before she died, so the cat has double family connections for my husband.

She wasn't at all the cat we wanted. Another relative said, "Oh, just have her put down and get what you want." We couldn't do that. She's family, and we wanted to let her live out her golden years in style. She seems to be enjoying her "retirement" with us. :)

Waffles always purred in my presence, he was always so pleasant in nature. He was purring in my arms his last purr when he finally left me. I miss that stupid cat. He outlived two of his masters my niece and my Dad.
Rest in peace Katze & Waffles
mini-right-P1010008.jpg

mini-P1010054.jpg

Waffles always purred in my presence, he was always so pleasant in nature. He was purring in my arms his last purr when he finally left me. I miss that stupid cat. He outlived two of his masters my niece and my Dad.
Rest in peace Katze & Waffles
mini-right-P1010008.jpg

mini-P1010054.jpg

a cute cat, rest in peace waffles! and have fun with Katze!

My thought are with you friend. I had four cats at home and I turned allergic. So I had to let them go away... One of the female turned agressive toward my girlfriend and we found out she was sick... (don't know how to explain it because i'm not english). So we went to the vet and we did the hardest thing. We let go... and she died. Kilala was the first pet i got when I leave my family home and for her, I was the center of her universe. It was so hard that I decided to keep the other cats. Two years later, I found out that I was not really allergic to cats. At that time, we used to live in an old house (rented). And it was full of "spores" (hope it's the right name). That's what I was allergic too. I'm so glad I keep my other cats. But at the same time, I miss Kilala. So tonight, before they go to bed, Drizzt, Link and Zelda will pray for you... And I will too.

Josh

Top Bottom