Thread: Can someone tell me what kind of ukulele this guy is playing? (model or/and size)

Default Can someone tell me what kind of ukulele this guy is playing? (model or/and size)

I know it's hard to tell what model he's playing, but I'm not sure what the size is either. Maybe I just have a bad eye for this kind of stuff, but it looks a little too big for a concert but a little too small for a tenor to me... you get a better look from 0:47 on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ6zr...eature=related
    Last edited by that_kid44; 03-18-2010 at 02:32 AM.

Looks like a "Whamo" uke to me style 00.........
    My Ukes: Kamaka Tenor, Kamaka Concert, KoAloha 6-string . Kanilea K-1 Tenor. a style 1 vintage Martin Soprano and Kamaka 6-string. Vintage Martin Tenor 12 fret to body and Martin Tenor 14 fret to body.

Looks like a Koaloha headstock to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dhkane View Post
    Looks like a Koaloha headstock to me.
    I don't see the 5 points. I can only see the one in the middle and one on each side. Looks like 3 to me.

I would also say it is not a soprano.

Doesn't look like a Koaloha to me....not enough points. Looks like three instead of five. I'm not sure I've ever seen one like it. I'd say the size looks like a tenor to me....
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

Dang, I'm not sure what the size is either, but I'm leaning towards tenor... anyone know for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by that_kid44 View Post
    Dang, I'm not sure what the size is either, but I'm leaning towards tenor... anyone know for sure?
    It is NOT a KoAloha unles it is a specialy made with only three points. That is definetly a tenor. I see he is from Texas. Think it might be a Texas luthier?

Here, I made a screencap:

It's not a KoAloha, for sure, and it is a tenor. As far as the model... it might be a custom? It doesn't look like any of the "standard" brands I've come across a lot, and even though I can't read the writing on the headstock, it doesn't look familiar to me at all.
    -Kristin

@SteroJoker -I blew up your capture all the way to 800% and can't make out the letters, maybe they were covered up for some reason? Does look pretty custom to me, because of the size of the bouts I'm thinking maybe it's a superconcert? I counted 14 frets to the body 18 total so the scale is right. Nice uke though!

It's ouuurs, precious...It's our ukeses and we wants it, we needs it, we MUST haveses it! They might buyses it firsts, our ukeses in filthy, dirrty handses!

Fluke mango concert (Britney), Koa Pili Koko tenor (Beyonce), Melokia pineapple soprano (Miley), Kala kiwi soprano (Kylie), Brad D. superconcert (Fiona), Doane Clone baritone (Bjork), Cigar box tenor (Bonnie), Lanikai cedar deluxe concert (Katy)

From certain angles it looked closer to a concert to me, but in that screenshot it looks like a tenor.

Thread Information