Which movies made you cry?

I've seen Les Miserables as a live musical probably a half-dozen times over the years. Not to mention the PBS concert specials and owning the CDs, etc.

So you'd think I'd be desensitized to it by now, and that I wouldn't get all throat-lumpy when watching the movie, right?

Nope.
I haven't seen the movie, but in the stage production and soundtrack Fantine's death scene and 'Castle on a Cloud' (where Cosette dreams of her dead mother) always get me.

Last 15 or so minutes of Rudy had me crying non-stop. Took my Daughters when it came out and they still talk about Dad crying.

The scene in “The Cowboys” when the kid loses his glasses & gets trampled by the cattle always gets me. Death of Little Ann in “Where The Red Fern Grows”. And, finally, the final scene in “A Wonderful Life” when George Bailey finds the copy of Tom Sawyer signed by Clarence. All that hokey crap.

Not a movie, but I can't bring myself anywhere near the NYC Ground Zero World Trade Center Memorial Museum.

Maybe it's because I'm a Chicago boy, and watched him play, but the first movie that comes to mind is Brian's Song.

Cinema Paradiso - the last scene, the ending. And towards the end, when he enters the theatre to look around, just before it gets demolished.

The scene in Dumbo where the mouse takes Dumbo to see his mother caged and shackled as a "mad elephant". The woman singing "baby of mine" brings me to my knees. Dumbo

The scene in Dumbo where the mouse takes Dumbo to see his mother caged and shackled as a "mad elephant". The woman singing "baby of mine" brings me to my knees. Dumbo
I haven’t seen dumbo since I was a kid and that scene with his mother still haunts me. It’s brutal.
I'm relieved that I haven't seen it.

Reactions: TBB
Homeward Bound! Poor thing left all alone!

About Schmidt
The last scene where he’s reading the letter (narrated by the Sister), then he sees the drawing Ndugu did for him. It hits me hard every time (by the way, this isn’t a spoiler to a brilliant ending).

Top Bottom