Which movies made you cry?

Most recently? Hula Girls. Worst ever? My Life (Michael Keaton).

Last edited:
Titanic?
Eight Below made me feel really sad.
Radio also did too.
Not sure about crying, though...
I mean, I seriously can't recall crying.

Does anyone tear up on happy scenes? Mulan gets me every time at the end - "Take this so your family will know what you've done for me. And this, so the world will know what you've done for China" then all the people bow. Or maybe I just have a thing for bowing to honor someone. The Last Samurai and LotR:RotK both had bowing scenes that made me tear.

Moulin Rouge, Pan's Labyrinth - both good tragedies. The end of Pay It Forward - definite tear-jerker.

And THIS is my favorite scene, of my favorite movie. And it is sad too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_saUN4j7Gw

The first movie I ever cried in was E.T. the Extra Terrestrial. When E.T. dies.

da sequel, "dirty dancing: havana nights". when da movie pau, me fo cry da kine movie not great like first film.:(

Being a manly male man-type person, I never cry, of course.

But I, um... have a friend who always gets a bit weepy during the "When Somebody Loved Me" portion of Toy Story 2.

Man, that always gets me.

Er... I mean "him".

It gets him. My friend, that is.

Not me.

More recently, my friend got a little choked up at the end of Slumdog Millionaire.

JJ

Being a manly male man-type person, I never cry, of course.

But I, um... have a friend who always gets a bit weepy during the "When Somebody Loved Me" portion of Toy Story 2.

Man, that always gets me.

Er... I mean "him".

It gets him. My friend, that is.

Not me.

More recently, my friend got a little choked up at the end of Slumdog Millionaire.

JJ

Did your boypren hold de popcorn or did you?

i dont usually cry at movies - the closest i usually get is 'tearing up' - so i'm gonna count that. :)

but, i did tear up during 'magnolia' i'm pretty sure - or i felt like i should be.

i know i almost cried during 'finding neverland' - because...wait, did someone's mom die in that movie?? i think thats why - i would never want my mom to die

i might've almost cried during some animated movie - like a disney one...either 'lion king' (a recent veiwing) or maybe it was 'persepolis' (not at all a disney movie)

anyway....

how embarrassing - i cry during the weirdest moviiieeees. esp. really cheesy ones sometimes.

The first movie I ever cried in was E.T. the Extra Terrestrial. When E.T. dies.

LOL, I think everyone cried at that scene. I seen that movie at release, when I was a kid, and remembers seeing everyone (man, woman, and child) crying. It's kind of funny now that I think back at it. Hah!

Immortal Beloved (about Beethoven) did it for me. Just thinking that his whole life went to hell over missing his one true love, by seconds on a stairwell, bummed me out. :(

I'm pretty sappy, so the list is long. :eek: Thankfully, I am a girl, so I don't have to worry about manning up.

Ugly crying, when you start gasping, and making weird choking noises, is "Beaches." I saw it with my Mom, and my aunt and we were all dying in that one.

Other chick flicks that did it, Steel Magnolias (though a great laugh during the crying part thanks to Olympia Dukakis), Terms of Endearment, Ghost...

And oh, if you haven't seen "The Champ" with Jon Voight (I'm reallly dating myself here), that one is a sobfest at the end.

Other chick flicks that did it, Steel Magnolias (though a great laugh during the crying part thanks to Olympia Dukakis),

I don't usually watch chick flicks but I do like Steel Magnolias a lot. It makes me cry even more nowadays because my best friend from elementary school died a few years ago from a similar condition as Julia Robert's character. :/

ok ill man up. the last scene in "saving rayan's privates" where pvt ryan was at the cemetary in front of the grave stone after remembering all that happened... when he gets up... im having trouble even writing this... and he renders a salute... :uhoh:... i seriously have to leave the room.

i remember watching that on the ship while we were out at sea. about 15 dudes gathered round watching this movie in our living space. at the end, we all quietly went to bed. didnt make a sound. didnt even breathe for fear of letting any other man there know that our noses were a little runny from our eyes glassing over. {/TMI}

i have one;

back when i was like in my early teens/pre teens (whenever the Grinch came out) i cried during the part when he was a little who and they made fun of him. that for some reason got to my heart.

also, Benjimen Button. when he was dying as a little baby, that brought a small tear build up....great movie though

Top Bottom