Who is ready for baseball season?

So it looks like my Cubbies are out of it. Surprise, surprise. Looks like Zambrano is even more off his rocker than usual.

When does football season start?

Z is such a talented pitcher (though you couldn't tell that by this year's performances) and he swings the bat like a position player. Such tremendous potential. Do you think the next player who blows up in the dugout will be described as having a "Zambrano-style meldtown?" I'm afraid it's possible.

Z is such a talented pitcher (though you couldn't tell that by this year's performances) and he swings the bat like a position player. Such tremendous potential. Do you think the next player who blows up in the dugout will be described as having a "Zambrano-style meldtown?" I'm afraid it's possible.

Sadly, yes. He'll be the standard for meltdowns, at least in Chicago. They're going to have a tough time moving all these under-performing players. The good news is, we have some young players coming up that are playing well.

Looks like both my teams are dragging. I love my Red Sox but they are so banged up (still!) and I like the Dodgers but they are mediocre at best (ugh, just drove back from San Diego, where I watched them lose to the first place Padres).

The Dodgers have a nice core to their team at least WW. Kemp (kind of a down year for him), Ethier, Loney, Kershaw, etc. Growing pains I guess.

lets go red socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that. My passion for the ukulele is rivaled only by my passion for the Red Sox. I'm wearing my old beat up Ortiz shirt as I type this. :)

Looks like it might be a good year for the boys from Boston. Gonzalez and Crawford are both good players, now we just have to see if they can adjust to performing under the scrutiny that players get at Fenway.

One of the reasons I enjoyed "The Town" was just being able to see my beloved Green Monster. ;)

Here, here, jayman17. And you and I have already talked about the upcoming season, Oh wicked one. I am still waiting to get the invoice for my season tix. Our section (10) is one of the ones that they have renovated and replaced the seats this offseason. I am sure that we are going to get hit with a price increase. We haven't had one in our section in three years.

Let's go Red Sox! Plus, even if I wasn't already a rabid member of Red Sox Nation, what ukulele player (non Yankee one that is) would root against a team with a first baseman serenaded with chants of "Youk"?
Majestic%20Boston%20Red%20Sox%20White%20Authentic%20Jersey.jpg

Though I will accept as a very poor substitute and runner up, the Dodgers. I still hate Manny though...

Agreed!!!!!

I second that. My passion for the ukulele is rivaled only by my passion for the Red Sox. I'm wearing my old beat up Ortiz shirt as I type this. :)

Looks like it might be a good year for the boys from Boston. Gonzalez and Crawford are both good players, now we just have to see if they can adjust to performing under the scrutiny that players get at Fenway.

One of the reasons I enjoyed "The Town" was just being able to see my beloved Green Monster. ;)

I agree 150%!! Let's go SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Red Sox.jpg
    Red Sox.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Gonna be a great year for the Phils. The rotation could go down as one of the best of all time. Chooch Ruiz will have them hitting their spots. Hopefully, Utley and Rollins get back on track/healthy this year. We'll miss Worth, but he'll miss playing for the Phils even more (while he spends all that money, of course.).

houston-astros-logo011109.jpg

Let's go 'Stros!

We haven't done too well recently; hopefully we can step it up this seaon.

Top Bottom