D'addario strings?

SkeeterAsada

Reaction score
I recently bough some "Pro-arte Tenor" D'adario strings from my local music shop.

when i got home and opened the package this is what i found:
E-1st hard tension
E-1st extra hard tension
B-2nd hard tension
G-3rd hard tension

This can't possibly be correct, can it?:(

Last edited:
So it is right?
should the extra hard tension E be my G or my A?
this is all so confusing...

I want to make sure it's correct before i put it on my uke, so i can exchange it if its wrong.
Yes, it is right. The question has been asked and answered here before. It stuck in my mind because I plan to try them myself.
If I remember correctly the extra hard goes on your 4th string or G.
The numbers on the individual string packs are correct, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, excepting the 4th or extra hard tension which is marked 1st again.
The note names are for guitar.

A little more info that was included in the J71's I bought here at the UU Store.
Guitar String..... Ukulele String
J4401 E-1st.......... G
J4603 G-3rd.......... C
J4602 B-2nd......... E
J4601 E-1st.......... A

Jude

Last edited:
I have only had my ukes for a couple of weeks so I have not had the need to change strings yet. Both ukes came with Aquilas which, from what I've read on here, are the preferred strings. They sound OK to me but I have nothing to compare to. All of my other instruments (guitar, banjo, mandolin, bass, pedal steel) are strung with D'Addario and I have been extremely happy with them for sound and longevity. I plan to try them out on at least one of my ukes in a month or two. No sense in changing new strings just to try something different. As you know...the time to change strings on a uke is when they finally stay in tune! LOL

Top Bottom