Thread: Mainland Mahogany Vs. Mainland Mango

Question Mainland Mahogany Vs. Mainland Mango

Okay, so I posted before about what to get and I decided to go with a mainland. But as I was about to get the Mahogany Mainland, i seen the Mango version. I would get either one in a concert but what are the main differences in wood here? Any pros or cons to both?

I like gloss, and I don't think it's an option with the mango.
    Besides that, you can't go wrong with tried-and-true mahogany.

I like mustard and pickles on my sandwiches, what about you...

They list high-gloss as and option for Mango on the Mainland site. I have looked into this quite a bit. The Mango is somewhat brighter with a bit of a bark and a bit more volume. That being said, I think the Mainland Mahogany is a near perfect uke for the money. My main uke is now a KoAloha Concert and I am seriously thinking of a Mahogany Mainland for trips. Mainland as just great for the money.

Mike with have "Plain Jane" Mahogany High-gloss Concerts and Tenors shortly. They will have dark binding and slotted head slots. How cool is that?
    peace,

david

I don't know - somehow a plain Jane Mainland would just not be the same. I've really grown to like the rope binding.

I've never owned one...or even held a mainland, but I can say that like most people the rope binding didnt appeal to me at first. I have to say that I think I really like it now, and if I was to get a Mainland, it would have to have the rope binding

I have a tenor and the rope binding stopped me from getting it for awhile. Now I really like the rope binding, but find a dig concerts the best.
    peace,

david

Thread Information