Thread: Cordoba 20TM vs. Kala KA-ST

Default Cordoba 20TM vs. Kala KA-ST

Any thoughts. Sorry newbie here but looking for a solid top tenor.

Check out our marketplace for second hand deals..

Here's that Kala, properly set up.
    http://www.theukulelesite.com/ukulel...kulele-package
    and one with a pickup
    http://www.theukulelesite.com/ukulel...kulele-package

Hawaiianmusicsupply just sent out an mail...they just got in some Cordobas and of course do their amazing set up, but not on web page yet. I have a Solid top acoustic/electric cutaway and I think it's a good uke for the price, but I'm not sure I'd have paid $200 for it...got mine used. I hear good things about them from actual Cordoba Owners, but then those Kalas are really sweet and a good uke for the money...a real favorite for both new and seasoned players.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by PhilUSAFRet; 06-08-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    Soooooo many ukes, sooooooo little time

Soprano: Pre-war Martin "O"; 81-82 Kamaka White Label; Grizzly kit;
    Concert: Pono MCD-E; Kala Reso-burst; Rally banjo; Bruce Wei Acacia teardrop; KPK acacia Cutaway; Mele Solid Mahogany 6 string; Ohana CM35-8 Taropatch; Goldtone Metal Resouke;
    Epiphone LP vintage burst; Asmus solid maple/spruce; Alida Jazz electric
    Tenor: Risa semi-hollowbody electric (red one); Mele Koa; Kala solid mahogany A/E cutaway

Bass: Oscar Schmidt Curley Maple;

Quote Originally Posted by mm stan View Post
    Check out our marketplace for second hand deals..
    Yeah Stan's Right, scrape together another few bucks and get this one:
    http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/fo...e-and-Capo-180 It's all solid mahogany....won't get one of these for this price very often, if ever.~~~~~Whooops, a couple'a PMs in on this one.
    Last edited by PhilUSAFRet; 06-08-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    Soooooo many ukes, sooooooo little time

Soprano: Pre-war Martin "O"; 81-82 Kamaka White Label; Grizzly kit;
    Concert: Pono MCD-E; Kala Reso-burst; Rally banjo; Bruce Wei Acacia teardrop; KPK acacia Cutaway; Mele Solid Mahogany 6 string; Ohana CM35-8 Taropatch; Goldtone Metal Resouke;
    Epiphone LP vintage burst; Asmus solid maple/spruce; Alida Jazz electric
    Tenor: Risa semi-hollowbody electric (red one); Mele Koa; Kala solid mahogany A/E cutaway

Bass: Oscar Schmidt Curley Maple;

The ST is just one of the solid tops the one listed above is solid mahogaheny top. comes with a excellant case. the one marked at Hawaii music by phil are the ka t not st so probably not solid tops so they would be a bit cheaper. Looked for an ST as I would recomend the kala but didn't find one at other than a couple of the big stores. I recently bought a ka-s from hawaii music and they did a fine job setting it up. Amazing really for such an inexpensive uke. One of the other solid top kala's from there would fill your bill but come at a higher cost. The package deals on your first one will usually save you a bit as you need tuner case etc.
    Honu KT-CTS Ashbory Bass OU6LCE
    Pono MCD-E

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    The ST is just one of the solid tops the one listed above is solid mahogaheny top. comes with a excellant case. the one marked at Hawaii music by phil are the ka t not st so probably not solid tops so they would be a bit cheaper. Looked for an ST as I would recomend the kala but didn't find one at other than a couple of the big stores. I recently bought a ka-s from hawaii music and they did a fine job setting it up. Amazing really for such an inexpensive uke. One of the other solid top kala's from there would fill your bill but come at a higher cost. The package deals on your first one will usually save you a bit as you need tuner case etc.
    If you are talking about the one in the Marketplace, its all solid mahogany, not just the top!

I have the Kala KA-ST tenor solid Sitka Spruce top and the quality, sound and gloss finish are Beautiful! I think it's the best value for under $200!
    Last edited by GKK; 06-08-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Thread Information